There is still food in my fridge/cupboards

Options
kitinboots
kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
i can't believe it.
I did a big shop on Friday last week and dangerously picked up a few snackable items (by which I mean things I could pick at or munch without preparing them) like peanuts and cereal bars.
Snackable food is usually my downfall. One I start I cannot stop.
But the food is still there. I've had some, as part of my meals or to top up my calories at the end if the day, but I haven't demolished them. This is insane!!
I'm not even tempted, as I know I have more important, actual meals to eat before I get them!

Replies

• mithwiz
    mithwiz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Isn't it great? My chocolate Easter bunny is still in my pantry. They've never survived this long! I'm still amazed every time I open the pantry and see it, along with a huge bag of Twizzlers which are my downfall. The bag is unopened. I still allow myself treats in my calorie range, but just haven't gotten to them yet. Who have I become? :)
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Good job on not devouring them, thats a great accomplishment if that was your downfall before. If it was me though, I would either give them away or throw them out. I wouldnt even want to deal with that temptation...
  • oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    I've noticed the same thing and it makes me feel so "normal"! I can make a bar of chocolate last for two weeks! Before MFP, it wouldn't last for two minutes!

You know how on tv people always have ice cream in their freezer? Like, they don't finish the entire container in one night? I always thought that was fascinating because, well, DH and I would just draw a line down the middle of the container and eat it all up in one sitting. I was always astounded that people would have a scoop or two and then put the container back in the freezer. Now we're THOSE PEOPLE! There's a container of vanilla ice cream in my freezer and it's been there for at least a month, maybe two. And I don't even think about it. Crazy. :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!