Fatloss with or without gaining muscle?

fznfadilah
fznfadilah Posts: 9 Member
edited July 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi All,

My name Fadil.
I've bee tried to do fatloss with gaining muscle also. I did 80-90% weight training and 10-20% cardio. The result is not so good. It's not work well to me. I'm getting bigger with muscles but the fat not losing so much. I become a fat muscular guy. And I don't like it.
So here I am trying to do 80% cardio and 20% body weight training. I did it for 3 weeks now, and I lost around 5kg. I hope it could lose fat as much as I can. When I reach my goal, I may set weight training for 60-75%.
How about you guys? Anyone same as me?
My weight goal is 72kg, and now I'm 88kg. Wish me luck. Thanks.

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Fat loss comes from a calorie deficit, which doesn't do well with gaining muscle. Most people pick one over the other for a set amount of time, also known as bulking and cutting. So in the bulking phase, you eat at a caloric surplus. Then when you are ready, the cut phase happens where the aim is to lose fat.

Then there is recomposition, which is eating a bit below or at maintenance and lifting, but it's a very slow process. It seems like you have the gaining muscle down, so it might be time to look into cutting.
  • fznfadilah
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    Fat loss comes from a calorie deficit, which doesn't do well with gaining muscle. Most people pick one over the other for a set amount of time, also known as bulking and cutting. So in the bulking phase, you eat at a caloric surplus. Then when you are ready, the cut phase happens where the aim is to lose fat.

Then there is recomposition, which is eating a bit below or at maintenance and lifting, but it's a very slow process. It seems like you have the gaining muscle down, so it might be time to look into cutting.

Yes, I do calorie deficit also. Thank you for you comment...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,900 Member
    You weren't in a calorie deficit which is why you didn't lose fat. Increasing cardio burned more calories, which put you in calorie deficit. But the REASON for calorie deficit is based more on CONSUMPTION and not how you burn calories. There are lots of people who do very little cardio and are lean because they just don't eat more than they burn.
    Keep training hard (which ever way you prefer), just make sure you don't consume more than you burn and you should lose body fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • fznfadilah
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You weren't in a calorie deficit which is why you didn't lose fat. Increasing cardio burned more calories, which put you in calorie deficit. But the REASON for calorie deficit is based more on CONSUMPTION and not how you burn calories. There are lots of people who do very little cardio and are lean because they just don't eat more than they burn.
    Keep training hard (which ever way you prefer), just make sure you don't consume more than you burn and you should lose body fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Thank you. I'll do my best...