My first milestone

Options
Ten weeks in and I've lost my first stone (14lbs)
Just over 1lb a week so I'm pretty happy with that, I've still got a fair few stones to go but I'm feeling pretty damn confident right now.

I could still kill a bacon and sausage sarnie for breakfast and kebab meat and chips for dinner every day but once I tell myself 'no' it's actually not that hard at all to get over the cravings.
I'm still of the mentality that if I feel I have been doing well and I fancy something nice for breakfast or dinner then I shouldn't punish myself as long as it is only every now and again.

I know a few girls who go to weight watchers and places like that and they turn into full on eating machines the day after they have been weighed, I've never understood that mentality and now I am on a little weight loss kick myself and am not finding it all that difficult to watch my food and still enjoy the odd treat I find it even more baffling as to why they do it.

Anyway I'm feeling pretty good.

Replies

• jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing a great job, the key to successfull weight loss & maintenance is changing your thought process. Soon it becomes second nature, the physical cravings pass quite quickly but the mental dependency on "bad" food never really leaves you if you don't change your thinking. Well done you, hope your journey continues as well as the beginning