Cryogenic therapy?

Options
Tretop76
Tretop76 Posts: 256 Member
Just wondering if anyone has tried cryotherapy and what kind of benefits you have been pleased with or if you had a bad experience? I'm looking in to using this therapy to treat Fibro and to help burn calories.

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to do this right after I die, and have scientists wake me up in 400 years. I'll be a celebrity!
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to do this right after I die, and have scientists wake me up in 400 years. I'll be a celebrity!

Or you'll be a space delivery boy.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I spend 6 months out of the year doing this therapy; I call it winter.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    I spend 6 months out of the year doing this therapy; I call it winter.

Long winter imo
  • Tretop76
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the info that's the response I was looking for. :*
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options

Nah, it will be old hat by then. Like tattoos, you're only different if you don't have one.
  • bedhead
    bedhead Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I had this a few years back when I tore my Achilles Heel. Freezing cold but makes you feel invincible for the rest of the day
  • Tretop76
    Options
    Thank you! :D
    bedhead wrote: »
    I had this a few years back when I tore my Achilles Heel. Freezing cold but makes you feel invincible for the rest of the day

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    AuntFreesa wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has tried cryotherapy and what kind of benefits you have been pleased with or if you had a bad experience? I'm looking in to using this therapy to treat Fibro and to help burn calories.
    It will help with desentisizing some pain, but it's only temporary. As for burning calories, you can when you're colder, but it would have to be significant. Like you'd have to shiver for a long enough period of time to see any benefit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Tretop76
    Options
    That's great info, thanks!
  • Tretop76
    Options
    Just read this in the blog section of MFP. This is not going to be just a fad. It's life changing for chronic pain sufferers like me.

Recovery Trends: Get Frozen & Let It Go with Cryotherapy http://undrarmr.co/2b05HgT
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options

Cryo is huge in sports med and training. We always use ice baths to help with soreness by helping the healing process for micro tears and flushing the system. I like them because they are wicked good for for sore joints (reduced inflammation).
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options

You can do it yourself for a fraction of the cost by eating a *kitten* tonne of ice cream. #TopTip
  • Tretop76
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

Cryo is huge in sports med and training. We always use ice baths to help with soreness by helping the healing process for micro tears and flushing the system. I like them because they are wicked good for for sore joints (reduced inflammation).

This^
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    For the calorie burning part, head on over to you're local Costco and "chill" in the freezer room. Just Play Pokemon while you're in there.