Not Helping

Options
I used to use MFP last year alot and lost alot of weight. I am now eating less than 1200 calories a day and i do about 30 mins walking a day 30 mins dancing and jogging in the morning for a few laps round the block. Any idea why i dont seem to be loosing weight?
I am also drinking lemon water to clear the horrible stuff out of my body.

I have noticed that im not toning up at all, I use firming creams do silly little desk exercises aswell!

Thanks

Shona

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Eat more....seriousy...eat more. Up your calories to about 1400-1500.

Also, I don't believe creams or silly little desk exercises work that well. I've been a fan of the resistance bands...you can get them at walmart for like $15, and they even have a DVD in there with exercises to do with them...although I've never watched it... I use it with P90X.
  • greenmisty
    greenmisty Posts: 24
    Options
    Maybe because you're eating too little. Your body starts to go into starvation mode. Your body needs to be refueled to operate properly. You can't build muscle if there's nothing to build from. You need protein to build muscle and carbs to fuel the muscle. And your body may have plateaued if you're doing the same exercises. You have to mix it up and keep your body guessing. Muscles have memory and if you just keep doing the same thing, it stops challenging them.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I used to use MFP last year alot and lost alot of weight. I am now eating less than 1200 calories a day and i do about 30 mins walking a day 30 mins dancing and jogging in the morning for a few laps round the block. Any idea why i dont seem to be loosing weight?
    I am also drinking lemon water to clear the horrible stuff out of my body.

I have noticed that im not toning up at all, I use firming creams do silly little desk exercises aswell!

Thanks

Shona

Hey! i suggest you up your calories to about 1400, as stupid as it sounds but because your excercising quite a bit you really need to eat back the calories you burned! im on 1310 calories a day and i do about 30 mins a day of excercise and i eat back at least half the calories and im loosing anything betweet 1-4lbs a weeek.

i hope this has helped! good luck x
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    How is the QUALITY of food in those 1200 calories? Are they pre-packaged meals or things high in salt? Snacks with empty carbs? What about increasing your calories? It works, BELIEVE ME!! What about upping the intensity or the length of your exersize? With this lifestyle you have to switch it around every now and then....
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I effectively starved myself for 2 years, I couldn't understand why I wasn't losing. Thanks to MFP, I realised with all the exercise I do I was regularly eating less than 700 calories per day. I am now losing for the first time in years, my body is finally responding to all the exercise I do, I feel stronger and fitter than every before and I am eating more food than I thought I could xx
  • shonapenney
    Options
    Thank you all! By the looks of it i need to eat more and do more of a variant of exercises!

Love

Shona
  • shonapenney
    Options
    I eat really well, always checking the packages of food and try to stick to the if you dont know what the words in the ingredients are dont buy it! rule x
  • sarapulsifer
    Options
    If your doing all that exercise you HAVE to eat more! Your letting you metabolism get too low and when you do that your body doesnt burn fat to make you lose weight like it is suppose to. If your going to exercise that much you need to up your calorie intake and then you should lose some.
  • hostile17
    hostile17 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You've had plenty of people tell you to eat more. :)

I would say as an addition try to vary the amount you eat over the days... lower and higher calories, shake things up.