weight gain during period

Options
I'm on the second day of my period and I'm 168 lb or 12st. How much water weight is it normal to gain during one's period? I usually avoid weighing when I'm on my period so it's the first time I've done it as I know numbers can be high. Some people say you gain before your period starts but lose the water weight when your period starts. I'm on my TOM but I'm still heavier than I should be. I don't feel really bloated, I felt far bigger the day before and the day before that, but could I still be retaining some water?

Replies

• mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh during my TOM anymore. I usually gain 5-7 lbs. I can hold the weight from the week before till the day after.....everytime is just a little different. I stopped weighing because it was discouraging.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    2-7lbs is perfectly normal gain during TOM and that can last anywhere from 5 to 7 days.
  • CalorieCountChocula
    CalorieCountChocula Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I don't have a good answer other than you'll probably gain less weight on your period than you would if you ended up missing it. Amirite ladies???
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I usually hold onto about 3-5# of water weight as early as the week before and don't lose it until TOM is over. I try to avoid the scale and pay extra attention to be sure I'm drinking enough water. Of course, part of this is because I DEVOUR carbs the week before!