Logging weight during menstruation

Options
Is it worth doing?

I tend to find it massively discouraging, as my weight instantly jumps anywhere up to 1.5kg as I retain water and tend to become constipated while I'm menstruating.

I'm currently logging before and after, but not during.
Any alternative or supporting views?

Replies

• NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    If you know your body normally flucates during that time, you have either choice.

You can choose not to log it because you know that it is due to menstration, or log it and take it with a grain of salt.

If you are having a hard time dealing with seeing the numbers increase during that week. My recommendation would be to attempt not to weigh yourself for that week. Just close your eyes and keep counting calories and excerising. After you feel normal again go ahead and weight yourself.

Mental health is just as important as pyshical health when trying to lose weight. So what will make you feel better is what you should do! ^.^
  • cool_as_hel
    Options
    Is it worth doing? i dont know.
    As i know me i always blot out as well, well i have just as my weigh in day is wednesday and id like to keep to that. But i guess you could log it but if your weight has gone up just keep in mind that it during menstruation so it might not be completely right so dont get dishearted if you weigh has gone up.

Hope this helps x
  • mgravy
    mgravy Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you, so I usually don't log my weight.
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I can gain anything up to 6lb in water weight, i tend not to log it as I know it's not a true 'fat' gain, and also it's too depressing! :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I don't log mine cause I know it will all be coming off in a week anyway.

Last thursday I weighed in at 158 and by monday I had gone up 2-3 pounds due to that TOM... So I'm not weighing again until next thursday... that way i know it's officially done and accurate.
  • Grumpelina
    Grumpelina Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    There is a brighter side to gaining water weight: it's great when it comes off again. I weigh a full 6 lbs lighter than I did yesterday morning.

Yes, I was peeing like a horse all day and had the big period poo but it still made me smile this morning! Hahahah!
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    There is a brighter side to gaining water weight: it's great when it comes off again. I weigh a full 6 lbs lighter than I did yesterday morning.

Yes, I was peeing like a horse all day and had the big period poo but it still made me smile this morning! Hahahah!

Too true, but hilarious!!! I love it!!! xx