Need to loose a lot of weight

Options
As title says but yesterday I checked how much calories I'd eat in a day from the tracking on here and finds out I was only eating 900 something (forget exact number) so is that a heathy amount ?And if I exercise 500 calories off a day would that be heathy for amount of calories I eat?

Replies

• honeyseymour123
    honeyseymour123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's not healthy
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    if you are female you should be NETTING no less thank 1200 cals a day. if you are eating 900 calories and burning off 500 then you are only netting 400 calories and that is WAY to low...put in your stats in MFP and eat what it tells you for NET Calories. How much is "A lot of weight to lose" ...you might have it set too agressively...if you are only looking to lose about 10-30 pounds you should go with 1/2 a pound a week... if you have a LOT more to lose (like over 50-100 pounds, then you can get away with the 2 pounds a week)...
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    We would need your stats to get an idea of how many calories you need, but in general you shouldn't eat less than 1200 net. What calorie goal did MFP give you?

Keep in mind, if you aren't using a food scale, you may be eating more than you think.