Anyone have 50-80 lbs to lose? (I'm looking to lose 70-75) - Looking for friends

Options
Hi There,

I am new to MFP and my goal is to ultimately lose 70-75lb. This will put me in the healthy BMI range. All in all I am not super unhappy with my weight being a simi-plus sized gal. In my opinion I think I carry it decently well with my extra weight distributed all over. I'm not trying to brag, rather just stating that I have decent body confidence/positivity.

That said, I know I will continue to gain weight if I don't change my lifestyle. Just doing basic calorie counting, I realized that a typical week of eating for me could result in me GAINING a half pound or so just by over eating. WOW. No wonder the lbs on the scale keep going up despite working out a few times a week (orange theory/circuit training). For example a typical day of eating out with a Starbucks breakfast sandwich, a sandwich for lunch and a small pizza for dinner was close to 2600 calories!!! This is just careless. Haha.

My Stats:

CW:215
GW:140-145

Measurements - to come.

I'd love to have friends on MFP with similar goals or who just want to be my friend! I love the social media aspect of the app and would love the accountability and support.

Thanks !

Jenna

Replies

• 75poundstogo
    75poundstogo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" BTW.

Activity level: Orange theory 3-4x per week

Just bought a fitbit aria and trying to get in steps/other exercise
  • thezombiejessi
    thezombiejessi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Added you, never hurts to have some support!
  • 75poundstogo
    75poundstogo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • the_mrsfit
    the_mrsfit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm on a similar journey. I have about 70 until I'm at my goal; let's keep each other motivated and accountable!
  • scottydavis338
    scottydavis338 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 70-80 right now. I would be great to have mutual support on our journey. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • HornbyTwins
    HornbyTwins Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm new and wanting to lose 69 lbs. Trying to keep in mind that a year from now I'll have wished I started today...I've added you.
  • CatHisle
    CatHisle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've got a minimum of 75 to lose...closer to 90...feel free to add me as well.
  • edrobles99
    edrobles99 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Added you, the more the merrier!
  • adamfostermr
    adamfostermr Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm here too! I need to lose weight /gain muscle. I'm adding as much walking as I can and have been pretty successful. I've also been doing yoga 3-4 days/week. We shall see!
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Just re-entering the MFP world, with 70lbs to lose. Unsure of current weight (I have a FitBit Aria that needs reset/new batteries). Goal weight is 160lb (or less) I'm 5ft 6.5 Any new friends welcome
  • glassglitter
    glassglitter Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm 5'2 and used to be pretty thin but gained over 50 lbs and I'd like to lose it again. Need all the fitness buddies I can get
  • Onerose64
    Onerose64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started just a couple of weeks ago. I had 62 lbs to lose to get to "my" goal. I have 56.8 to go and counting. You are much younger than I am so let me say I'm proud of you for taking a stand now. I too had gotten to the point where I was pretty confident and although I was never 100% pleased with my weight or my body(let's face it, who doesn't want to be thin?) BUT........... I decided it was better to accept it then be in constant turmoil. Once I hit 50, my body changed. I didn't necessarily gain weight but my body got soft and my body changed and I could no longer look at myself with that self acceptance that I once did. I will be 53 in February and it' has occurred to me that the only way I'm going to see what I want to see is if I make it happen. So we are all on this journey together / young or old-er... :) Add me if you feel inspired. We are going to get there. By the way... You are beautiful, but it's awesome you are changing your life NOW. I wish I would have.
  • bigguyreed
    bigguyreed Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey there
    I've learned not to say I need to lose 50 to 70lbs. I started last January 2015 with the goal to lose 50 to 70lbs by the next year, as of January 2015 I had lost 15lbs. Then in Feb I became discouraged and unmotivated and slacking off. My dr. had told me that I was building muscle because of the weight training that I was doing in my workout. So if I could tell you anything, it is keep your weight lose goals lower so not to become discouraged. Then a friend told me about MFP. Now I see some of the foods that I was eating were not all that good for me. So I'm happy that I can pick foods that I can eat that are much better for me. Stick with it and try not to become discouraged. :)
  • CaityCotton
    CaityCotton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi!! i need to lose 80-90 pounds... the goal seems so daunting when i say it that way. i would love to share support with you, good luck with everything!
  • santamilque
    santamilque Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Add me, support is always a good thing and I appreciate your positivity! :)
  • KotaTheBear
    KotaTheBear Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to drop 110lbs. Add me for sure :)
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look stunning. You got this though :)
  • Kendramoore2013
    Kendramoore2013 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are going to do great hi I am Kendra you can add me as friend. Good luck.
    I am 5'6" BTW.

Activity level: Orange theory 3-4x per week

Just bought a fitbit aria and trying to get in steps/other exercise