Yo-yo weight

donnaeve8
donnaeve8 Posts: 113 Member
edited September 29 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been losing and regaining the same 4 pounds since 4/23! I am about to cry! I have been going to the gym 3 days a week doing the elliptical and eating back most of those calories ( I have an HRM so I know what I really burn). I know I don't always stay under my calorie goal but I am usually pretty good. Is this a plateau? Any tips or advice would be really appreciated!

~Donna

Replies

• welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Just doing cardio isn't going to help you lose weight. Not know what your food diary is like, makes it tough to make any suggestions. What you eat can hold you back. Doing the same thing over and over will cause a plateau so you need to switch something. Try adding some weight lifting in there and maybe not eat all of your exercise cals back. Maybe your numbers are a little skewed.
    Need a little more info.
  • donnaeve8
    donnaeve8 Posts: 113 Member
    Thanks, I opened up my diary.
  • spinaddict4life
    spinaddict4life Posts: 93 Member
    Bumping same thing has happened to me
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    From looking at your diary and from the exercises you've been doing ... you may he more health aware but you are far from healthy! You really are eating over your calorie goal far too much, and trust me the elliptical does about nothing for you long term. If you want to see results start picking healthier fooods, and less of the bad ones.

Also, you NEED to involve strength training in there. I actually rarely do cardio any more ( maybe one or two times a week at the gym). Instead I get my cardio from skipping for 10-20 minutes, then doing squats and burpees for another 10 or so minutes.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Looks to me like you need to tweak your diet quite a bit. I would recommend eating every few hours with carbs, protein and fat for each meal. Doing this keeps your energy up, boost your metabolism which helps to lose weight. You should probably clean up your diet too and keep track of your sodium and sugar.
    I can't stress enough how important strength training is. Muscle burns fat.
    Best of luck and don't hesitate to ask questions.
This discussion has been closed.