Trying to cut body fat. help

Options
Hi all,

I am a 22 year old male, quite fit and healthy. I follow and adopt a gym routine revolving around 6 days a week for 2hr 30 a day. Play football 3 times a week too however have a sedentary job.

Currently weigh 12 st 10 and 5ft 11.5. I am trying to drop.body fat as I want to see some visible Abs.

I am eating 1800 calories a day, majority protein. I don't eat starchy carbs just get my carbs from fruit.

Should I be eating more calories or not

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    If you are losing weight, then no. If you aren't, then decrease them. 1800cals isn't a lot for someone who is as active as you.

As an additional point 2.5hrs in the gym is ridiculous and overkill. If you are training intensely enough, 1.5hrs is an absolute maximum.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    ws78tucqdua6.gif

Plugging your stats into calculator.net tells me that you could eat about 2600 cals and still lose fat. 1800 is way too low - eat more.

Note: I'd also tidy up your food logging. There are lots of 100g standard entries, generic stuff, and quick added calories. Without accurate logging you're flying blind.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I lose weight on 1800 as a 5'8 female at a healthy weight. You need to raise your calories or you are in danger of losing some of the muscle you have been working for. Also, 2.5 hours in the gym is overkill, and can do more harm than good. Your muscles grow in recovery, not by pounding them to death daily.
  • LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Interval training has worked wonders for me.