Lap Band anyone?

Options
I was just banded on 5/9 and am looking for friends on here that have also had the surgery. Would like to know what others are eating and just people to help with support and questions.

Replies

• JoAnneEmond
    JoAnneEmond Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I didn't have the lapband, but I did have the gastric sleeve surgery in jan 2013, and due to complications, had the bypass surgery 3 months later. After losing 130 lbs, I reached a stand still. Been yo-yo dieting every since, and hoping this website helps me stick to it this time. Still need to take off another 100 lbs. Good luck with your weight loss journey.
  • lsmith6789
    lsmith6789 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm not really new to MFP but I still have a lot to learn. I would love to follow you and us support each other. I got banded on 4/1 and could use some better eating tips.
  • willsing4food811
    willsing4food811 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi friends! I've had a band since 2011. In happy to answer questions and be a support!
  • lynzbonnet
    lynzbonnet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I didn't have the lapband, but I did have the gastric sleeve surgery in jan 2013, and due to complications, had the bypass surgery 3 months later. After losing 130 lbs, I reached a stand still. Been yo-yo dieting every since, and hoping this website helps me stick to it this time. Still need to take off another 100 lbs. Good luck with your weight loss journey.

Thank you so much!
  • lynzbonnet
    Options
    lsmith6789 wrote: »
    Hello I'm not really new to MFP but I still have a lot to learn. I would love to follow you and us support each other. I got banded on 4/1 and could use some better eating tips.

Hi there! Sorry for the delay I am still learning how to use MFP. How's it going for you in the 3 months you have had the band? I am at my 30 pound mark now and am getting a little bored with the things I have been eating, salmon and cottage cheese lol. Oh and eggs, that is pretty much it.
  • lynzbonnet
    Options
    Hi friends! I've had a band since 2011. In happy to answer questions and be a support!

Thank you! I am curious to know some of the foods you ate in the beggining. I feel like I eat the same things over and over. Salmon, cottage cheese and eggs. Lol. What are some things that you can eat and still shed the pounds?
  • EatinRight4Ever
    EatinRight4Ever Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm getting the lap band July 6th! Happy to add new lap band friends!
  • lynzbonnet
    Options
    I'm getting the lap band July 6th! Happy to add new lap band friends!

Thanks for posting on here!
  • lynzbonnet
    Options
    lynzbonnet wrote: »

Thank you so much!

How are you doing JoAnne?

• pinknsassyemt
    pinknsassyemt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I was banded over 5 years ago. Your welcome to add me :)
  • elleelle03
    elleelle03 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've been banded 4 years and lost 50lbs but still need another 50. I need to get back to the rules! Been struggling. would love to be a part of this group
  • Suzette65
    Suzette65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I recently had my lap band removed after 12 years. Rewind...I started at 250 in January 2004 and dropped 60 lbs after having my banding. In June 2014, I had a friend start pestering me to join her at her gym. I relented in August to start going with her. Thankfully she would come to my office door with her workout gear in hand and haul me with her to class for the first two months. The first night I had to sit down on the floor under the barre with my head between my knees. I was seriously out of shape and afraid everyone was watching me. All I can say is the transformation was AMAZING. I went from wearing 16W/16 clothes to 14 and some 12s. Because my band slipped and caused serious heartburn and reflux, my band was removed this past April. I'm back to some 16s and gained some weight but I know it's the physical exercise that is so important. I've a 700 day tracking streak on MFP and wear a Fitbit to track my steps. Establish good habits and just stick with them. Get out and move...whatever you can physically do but don't let negative self talk limit you. I am confident we all have a cadre of excuses and blind to some of food that goes in our mouths. But you've made a major commitment by having the surgery, why not maximize your opportunity.

I need to be part of a support group as much as you're looking for yourself.