my first post. 309 days in and in onderland !!

Options
Dianakop72
Dianakop72 Posts: 21 Member
udtdyw7slq29.jpg

My name is Diana, I am 44 yo and a stay at home mom.

I found my fitness pal in September of last year. I hadn't tried to lose weight in over 10 years and I was up to 283 with 300 creeping closer. I have spent most of the last 22 + years hovering right around 275. I didn't think it would work, but I didn't want to pay to lose weight when I knew from past diets how to eat, I just had to implement it. by christmas I was down 30 lbs and realized it was working. I have lost a total of 86 pounds and am still puttering away, I don't know where I will end up, but I will know what is right for me at this stage of my life when I get there. On the 13th of this month I reached onderland for the first time since 1993 and last weekend I bought a pair of jeans. not wearing jeans was a personal punishment for being so heavy and to be able to buy a pair that just slipped on in a "normal" size was amazing. I realized I am no longer a plus size person. My shirts and pants are large, my current jeans a 16, but a little loose heh. This food diary does not work for everyone, I have friends who have signed up and it just didn't click for them. but for me, it is working, and I am so glad that I finally had my light bulb moment and everything just fell into place.

So if this isn't working for you, you will find what does, if and when you are truly ready, it took me over 20 years for everything to click. I hope you find your lightbulb moment like I did.

Replies

• klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Glad this worked for you, and for the rest of us that stuck with it!

I have real life friends that use this app successfully, and others that didn't stick with it either.
  • KathyHamilton2
    KathyHamilton2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is Awesome!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Awesome....very well done!
  • Rowood101
    Rowood101 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, congratulations on your weight loss.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Wow-that's totally awesome!! You look so good-keep it up!! Very inspiring :)
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    well done!!
  • HealthyAim
    HealthyAim Posts: 41 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching onederland!!! Very inspiring. I am starting at approx. the same point as you and I hope to reach onederland too someday. It's been years since I've been there. I'm logging my food and working out again and I hope that these are my tickets to getting to my destination. You look great!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress!! Well done!
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you look fantastic!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    You not only look much slimmer; you also look younger! Congrats!!
  • amos481
    amos481 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work
  • writerwife6
    writerwife6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look great and you must feel even greater!
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Keep up the great work!
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You have done a fabulous job. Well done.
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats - I am almost there. Such impressive dedication!
  • madseasons
    madseasons Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    So awesome!!! Great job!!!!
  • Konigboy
    Konigboy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on onederland! I am getting close also and can taste it. Lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!