114 pounds gone. Trying to get to Onederland. Getting harder.

Options
jarablue
jarablue Posts: 127 Member
edited July 2016 in Success Stories
I went from 328 to 214. And now am finding it a bit harder to keep my cheat days in check. During the week, no problem. I'll eat 1300 to 1500 calories. I drink tons of water and manage it well. But god forbid Friday, Saturday and Sunday roll around. It's like free shrimp buffet time. Fridays I can manage no problem but Saturday and Sunday it's harder. I am trying to get to onederland and 185 from that point on.

Please help me out! I am going to do this it's just taking longer then I expected. So far my weight loss has been at the rate of 10 pounds or more per month. It's slowing down now. And need some help motivation from you guys :)

Replies

• ChelleA65
    ChelleA65 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow, I thought I wrote this post. I did not start quit that high, but I am stuck at 214. During the week I am spot on, but come Saturday and Sunday... not so good. Typically gain 2 pounds then spend all week to get back down to 214 again. It has been a viscous cycle for last month. I too am LONGING to see ONEDERLAND.

My advice is to stay busy doing active things. I live about 45 minutes from town, so during the week when I am at work, there is a lot of things to do to keep me busy. Only the weekends, I do not want to make the travel back into town, so I tend to stay at home where things are more tempting to me.
  • jarablue
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yeah, I put my walking on hold for the past 2 weeks. Needed to rest up when not taking my BP med. Thankfully it's only 1 pill a day in total. Guess I am lucky in that regard to only need to take 2 meds. But I am going to go back to walking. It provides more than just exercise. It gives me the motivation to keep losing.

Just in a mini slump right now. It is tempting to eat when you are at home. You're right!
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    ...I'm sorry but what is onederland? :confused: I also have a hard time controlling myself on the weekend -- I generally try to skip a meal to make up for it though.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    For most folks, you have more time to kill on the weekend. So, start your Saturday and Sunday with a long run or walk and a ton of water. At least that will get your weekend started with a deficit. I also find it makes me more aware of what I'm eating the rest of the day. PS - Shrimp are great, just not fried.
  • jarablue
    Options
    I meant the comment "free shrimp buffet" as no holds barred. Go wild. Not that I am actually eating shrimp. They are good though. Both fried and not.

Thing is I have come so far. I am not going to let food halt my efforts. Just so hard at times. Food is so freaking good!
  • dwaugh01
    dwaugh01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with nowine4me. If you start your weekend days off with some exercise, not only will you get into a deficit, but you'll get in the mindset that if you do go overboard, then all of that work you just did is for nothing. Weekends can be a great time to do those little exercise chores too. Mow the lawn, do some gardening, or clean the house. It's like a twofer. Your house is clean and you got some exercise.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

...I'm sorry but what is onederland? :confused: I also have a hard time controlling myself on the weekend -- I generally try to skip a meal to make up for it though.

Onderland is when you reach 199, below 200. Onederland is a weight that begins with the number 1.
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I got stuck at 186. Seriously for like 3 months. I changed my diet. Now, for me, no dairy. I've dropped 9lbs in 6 weeks. I also am trying different work outs. I don't want to get stuck in a rut. Also, make sure you are checking measurements. The scale only tells one side of the story. There are many advantages to gaining muscle too. The 6 lb loss was great, the 7.5 inches overall has been a great victory, ended up a pant size smaller.
  • pigelet
    pigelet Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Onederland is simply any weight that is below 200 and more than 100 lbs. Eg - 185, 149. The weight begins with a '1'.

Cheers,
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I was doing the same thing....Mon-Fri was not a problem but the weekends were. So now I go out in the garden and pull weeds whenever I want to snack on something. Keeping busy is a big help YMMV
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the exact same boat but have worked very hard and don't want to ruin it with cravings. I got put on prednisone 3 times in 6 weeks and this last round of prednisone- INSANE cravings. I was craving things I don't even really like!

I think the posts about starting out in the morning with a deficit are spot on. Only other thing I can suggest is drink 8 ounces of water and then re-evaluate what/if you want to eat.

You are NOT going to reduce all of your hard work, you may just need to re-configure your weight loss plan. Maybe you are getting cravings because your body is bored with what you have been doing to lose the weight? You can re-vamp your diet and still stay within your calorie range.

I read somewhere else to keep your hands busy when a craving hits. No idea if that works.

Good luck! Amazing loss! Chin up!
  • Redhededkewty
    Redhededkewty Posts: 33 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Make believe your weekend is your very special 'real' diet time. Double down on your discipline. It's a trick of the mind that you think weekends are a free-for-all, just trick yourself into thinking weekends are the opposite. I apply this thinking for parties and restaurant visits. I shut down the thought that it's time to relax/reward myself. Eat something diet-correct before you go out, so temptation is lessened. It's important to recognize how damaging indulgence can be. You must do that in order to keep hold of your success long term. This is the heart of the matter. Become the Un-Indulging Avenger - forever.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    DiaryOfaThickFitWoman Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I feel like I wrote this post too! I just figured at the end of the day to see faster results I have to stay focused more on the weekend, and once I reach maintaining, I will be able eat more.

Maybe eating what you want more on the weekends but pre logging might help ?
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    jarablue wrote: »
    I went from 328 to 214. ... So far my weight loss has been at the rate of 10 pounds or more per month. It's slowing down now. And need some help motivation from you guys :)

Okay, it's time to expect a slower rate of weight loss. This is normal. Breathe and accept that as you lose the pounds, the rate of weight loss also slows down. If you've been losing at 10 or more pounds per month in the past, but now lose at 5 pounds a month, that is still fantastic. You don't want to lose more than that really as you get closer to your goal weight, as you may start to also lose too much lean muscle along with the fat.

So ... keep on doing what you are doing. Don't worry. The trend is still downwards. Just adjust your expectations of the rate at which you will lose.

• jarablue
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I am not going to let junk food prevent me from getting to my goal like sunflower said. I worked too hard. I am going to get going again today after I pick up my blood pressure meds.

Thanks for the help everyone! I needed it.
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You are doing brilliantly. My experience is that weight loss slows as you get closer to your goal so it's important not to let those weekends get in the way of your goal. For me finding a balance is key. I've reached the point now where I am happy if the trend is downwards with my weight loss and I don't worry about how much per week or when I want to lose it by. It allows me to have a little bit of freedom with what I'm eating whilst still losing slowly but surely. You will find something that works for you. Good luck.
    Btw....we love Levar in my house!!!!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    All the he best. For me exercise or gardening helps me keep away from the kitchen. I don't have any cheat days, just one rest day a week from exercise. I go on maintenance once a week e dry four months instead
  • kitkatlp
    kitkatlp Posts: 93 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    jarablue wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I am not going to let junk food prevent me from getting to my goal like sunflower said. I worked too hard. I am going to get going again today after I pick up my blood pressure meds.

Thanks for the help everyone! I needed it.

Do you have those cravings because you're hungry or because you'd like to please yourself?
    Every time that I feel I want to eat, not that it happens a lot between meals, I always try to distinguish between the actual cravings i.e. "my body needs this or that" and the "I'd like to feel the taste of sugar / chocolate / cured meat / whatever."

My secrets:
    - Never spend more time at the table that what is required for your meal
    - Once you've eaten what you planned to, stop there and give time to you stomach to send the message "I'm done" to your brain (it takes 15 min on average!)
    - Outside of meals, when you feel like snacking, it's usually because of (1) boredom, (2) stress or (3) sadness. Very rarely is it because your body needs it. So, whenever it happens, do something, get out of the house, go for a walk, work out (that's what I'd do), drink water, etc.

I'm sure you must have already implemented some of these solutions considering your amazing weight loss (well done btw!).
  • jarablue
    Options
    I am re-framing the way I think of cheat days. If I am going to have it, it is going to be one day. And in that day I'll have a few cheat goodies. I am going to turn into Walk-O. My robot other form. When I get cravings, like Voltron, all the treats will unite and I will turn into Walk-O and speed out of the house into exercise bliss. Rainbows, unicorns..you name it. They will be littering my path where ever I walk like rose petals. LoL jk.

Thanks guys for your help. Means a lot. These forums should be taken into consideration for weight loss and diet help. It helps a lot.

Thanks again!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!