Two hip replacements and a broken foot, all within last year and a half!

Options
I used this app over two years ago and it really helped. Since then, I've moved, had two hip replacements, and a broken foot with multiple sprains. Still recovering physically from those things and have gained too much weight!

Looking for anyone who is around my age (60) or who has had to deal with physical problems that limited activity and needed to lose weight (or a combination)!

Replies

• Derek_McC
    Derek_McC Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am about to be 48. I was diagnosed with Lupus at 23 but have been remission for years. It did, however, damage my joints and kidneys. I had two hip replacements in 1998 and Dr is looking at revisions in the next few years. I am here to lose weight, but the diet tracker is also helping me get the sodium and potassium levels under control. I used to run and bike, but now I am limited to biking (which I really enjoy). Add me as a friend if you like. I have a pretty good idea about limitations.
  • Nancy4430
    Nancy4430 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will. Biking is something the doctor said would be good for me. I really enjoy it but found that I have to limit how much I do right now because too many minutes of it hurts my hips.
  • bladebiker
    bladebiker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Nancy hi, I've been through a nightmare year, 6 operations not knowing if I'd come out with my left leg, calf muscle transplant, bone grafts from hip to leg in three different places, I've had extensive hydro therapy and very often I've been in the pool with a fair few ladies your age who have had hip replacements, I'm 42 but happy to add you, I'm on a long road to recovery, also my wife is due a double hip replacement so it would be good to touch base with you, I'm going to send you a friend request, hope you accept.
  • DylsGrandma
    DylsGrandma Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy! You can add me, info on my profile. I am 55. :)