Went from 360 lbs to 210 in 5 months

Options
death4ded
death4ded Posts: 10 Member
With a strict diet and exercise anything is possible just believe in yourself and keep fighting. Defeat is not failure, not have tried is the true failure. I would post a picture but I don't know how :/

Replies

• jingwersen
    jingwersen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, however, losing 150 pounds in 5 months averages out to 30 pounds per month or about 1 pound per day. Doctors recommend a weight loss strategy of no more than 2 pounds per week..... That is very dangerous... You are risking muscle deterioration not to mention very poor nutrition. I am not trying to discourage you but probably would be good to see a Doctor about the harm you could be doing to yourself......
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    mousie1973 wrote: »
    actually if you have a SIGNIFICANT amount of weight to lose, going above the 2 lbs per week is actually ok...

Under a doctors care, with vitamin/mineral supplements, possible Vit B shots. On your own ... maybe not such a good idea.
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    mousie1973 wrote: »
    actually if you have a SIGNIFICANT amount of weight to lose, going above the 2 lbs per week is actually ok...

There's a difference between going over 2lbs per week and losing 7 lbs per week. I started at 350 lbs and "only" lost about 3-4 lbs per week at a reasonable calorie limit of 1700-1800 calories.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    death4ded wrote: »
    With a strict diet and exercise anything is possible just believe in yourself and keep fighting. Defeat is not failure, not have tried is the true failure. I would post a picture but I don't know how :/

It's easy to post a picture ... there are a couple of different ways to do so. The easiest is to drag the photo into the text box where you post your messages (here) ...

The second way is to click on the icon that looks like a sheet of paper with the upper right corner folded down ... that opens a link where you can import (choose file) or drag and drop.

I'd love to see what you looked like 5 months ago cause your profile page looks like you have always been slender. That's great!
  • Mrzpretty919
    Mrzpretty919 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i would like to see a pic as well. Post a pic
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but that... does not seem plausible.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Low carb diet with exercise and water?
  • wildtxn
    wildtxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I went from 218 to 160 in 8 weeks thanks to boot camp courtesy of uncle sam and ate every single thing I could get my hands on in the process. Dropped from a snug 34" pant size down to 29". It's possible. The question is if it's plausible. Most people on here working a daily job don't have the time to put in that kind of work, nor would most want to.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    wildtxn wrote: »
    I went from 218 to 160 in 8 weeks thanks to boot camp courtesy of uncle sam and ate every single thing I could get my hands on in the process. Dropped from a snug 34" pant size down to 29". It's possible. The question is if it's plausible. Most people on here working a daily job don't have the time to put in that kind of work, nor would most want to.

I lost quite a bit in boot camp as well. Your always doing something, unless your racked out. Much different than civilian life.
  • blackaheep4288
    blackaheep4288 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I started at 418lbs and am now at 333lbs 5.5 month later. I cant imagine the work you've done to drop double that! Congrats on that.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    jingwersen wrote: »
    Congratulations, however, losing 150 pounds in 5 months averages out to 30 pounds per month or about 1 pound per day. Doctors recommend a weight loss strategy of no more than 2 pounds per week..... That is very dangerous... You are risking muscle deterioration not to mention very poor nutrition. I am not trying to discourage you but probably would be good to see a Doctor about the harm you could be doing to yourself......

Interesting, my doctor keeps telling me how impressed he is that I've lost 115# since the end of January. I lost the first 100 lbs in 4 months, so yeah, it's perfectly reasonable for someone to lost that much that fast. My loss has slowed but I've been less diligent on my diet than before. As to the safety of it? I comfortably lift three time a week and run three times a week and my blood work panels come back healthier with each new test.
  • bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Let the hatters, hate. Good job! I'm sure you put in a lot of hard work. But a loss like that is possible when u start from such a big #.
  • Luna3828
    Luna3828 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am very happy for you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!