Arctic Zero Frozen Treat

Options
Equus5374
Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
edited March 2016 in Food and Nutrition
So I just tried my first helping of Arctic Zero. It's "simulated" ice cream. It tastes like frozen protein powder. It's really not bad actually, and only 35 calories per serving/150 per pint. So if I happen to pig out on it, it's not going to add up to much like a pint of ice cream would. Has anyone tried any of the other flavors? If anyone is wondering, I get it at WalMart. I'm pretty impressed!

Replies

• smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I dont mind Arctic Zero..but I prefer Halo Top for low calorie ice cream! Way creamier and better.
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    interesting never heard of either. I'm usually not a fan of fake food but ill have to take a look at these thanks!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I dont mind Arctic Zero..but I prefer Halo Top for low calorie ice cream! Way creamier and better.

+1 HaloTop rocks my world. I have done Artic Zero. If I think about it as a frozen protein shake and not as an ice cream I like it, but if I tried to compare it to ice cream I would be super disappointed.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I really really really dislike Artic Zero. SO bad. But that being said, the cookie dough flavor was probably the "best" I tried.
  • Equus5374
    Options
    I've never heard of nor seen Halo Top; I'll have to do some searching. I still eat (plenty) of real ice cream, it's just nice to have something I like that I can mow down on and not kill my calorie budget for the day!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Halo Top is definitely better in the taste department, but you can't beat the macros on Arctic Zero. I eat both (in addition to the real stuff), depending on what my macros allow, but Arctic Zero definitely requires some toppings. PB2 does the trick for very few extra calories. And Walden Farms chocolate syrup. A dieter's dessert, for sure, but it does the trick when you're on low macros.

My favorite Arctic Zero flavors are chocolate peanut butter, cookie shake, and all of the chunky ones. The vanilla is good as a base for a milkshake and salted caramel is pretty decent as well. I'd like to try coconut, but they never have it in stock. They just released new flavors (brownie blast, banana pudding, snickerdoodle dandy, cake batter, poppin' pomegranate), but right now only Sprouts has them. I've seen some rave reviews about them, so I'm excited to try them next month when they are available in more stores.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You know what's REALLY GOOD?? Enlightened bars. Most are 70-90 calories, 7-8g protein, high fiber, and low sugar. Plus they taste awesome: eatenlightened.com
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    This is so much tastier than Halo Top, and I haven't even bothered with Artic Zero.

frozen-foods-yasso.jpg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,616 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    This is so much tastier than Halo Top, and I haven't even bothered with Artic Zero.

frozen-foods-yasso.jpg

I love anything already portion controlled....and chocolate....and not mint.
  • Equus5374
    Options
    Looks great!! I'll have to search for those too. Where do you buy them?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I've heard they improved the Arctic Zero formula, but I'm still so burned from the last time I tried it hat I can't bring myself to shell out the money again.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Halo top crushes artic zero! Tastes like actual ice cream! It's even better than artic zero 350 calorie pints they have. It's way creamier and has a richer flavor.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Halo top crushes artic zero! Tastes like actual ice cream! It's even better than artic zero 350 calorie pints they have. It's way creamier and has a richer flavor.

I don't recommend eating the whole pint though. My stomach and intestines were not happy.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I make a peanut butter sauce with powdered peanut butter and add something crunchy to it like an oreo or half serving of cereal. I wouldn't really eat it plain but I honestly do really like it doctored up. This is why I bought an ice cream maker, so I could make my own macro friendly ice cream-but I'm lazy.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I don't know how I live in NYC and Halo Top is so hard to find. I mean they have it at one grocery store but it's too far to take home on the subway and I don't drive. Stupid.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options

I don't recommend eating the whole pint though. My stomach and intestines were not happy.

Mine is fine with the whole pint!(: it's fine with 2 pints! Lol
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,616 Member
    Options

Mine is fine with the whole pint!(: it's fine with 2 pints! Lol

Must be nice to still be young with an iron stomach. :p
  • Elaina291
    Elaina291 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Halo Top is definitely better in the taste department, but you can't beat the macros on Arctic Zero. I eat both (in addition to the real stuff), depending on what my macros allow, but Arctic Zero definitely requires some toppings. PB2 does the trick for very few extra calories. And Walden Farms chocolate syrup. A dieter's dessert, for sure, but it does the trick when you're on low macros.

My favorite Arctic Zero flavors are chocolate peanut butter, cookie shake, and all of the chunky ones. The vanilla is good as a base for a milkshake and salted caramel is pretty decent as well. I'd like to try coconut, but they never have it in stock. They just released new flavors (brownie blast, banana pudding, snickerdoodle dandy, cake batter, poppin' pomegranate), but right now only Sprouts has them. I've seen some rave reviews about them, so I'm excited to try them next month when they are available in more stores.

Yeah I had to put PB2 on mines which helped out alot. I tried Cake Batter and it taste bland and definitely needs toppings to make it taste half decent. I will have to try the others when I have more of a budget. Those ice creams are costly.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    The only Arctic Zero I like is Brownie Blast... Actually a good one. Always the one singular one sold out at my Walmarts lol - otherwise Halo Top all flavors are better lol/