Help!

Options
I've been doing this for over a month now have lost almost half of my goal, but now I seem to be gaining it back! I haven't been doing anything differently, and I have no idea what's happening! does anybody have any ideas? I want to hit my goal by my birthday (in August) and I'm really starting to worry.

Replies

• BigAL456
    BigAL456 Posts: 56
    Options
    Have you been exercising? If you haven't chanegd things up, maybe it's time to. Your body could be getting used to the same routine.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Are you doing any strength training? You could be toning up and gaining muscle mass while your burning fat.
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    Are you sure you actually need to lose weight? Make sure you don't need to just tone up. If you are at the mid to low end of a healthy BMI, it's going to be hard to lose more weight.
  • willowrw
    willowrw Posts: 5
    Options
    Up until now I've just been doing cardio (spinning, mostly and some walking) but I'm thinking about starting kick-boxing classes as well to shake things up and get better muscle definition.
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    If you have not changed anything that could be it. Change things up, your body may be used to what your doing and need a challenge. Try a different routine :happy:
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you actually need to lose weight? Make sure you don't need to just tone up. If you are at the mid to low end of a healthy BMI, it's going to be hard to lose more weight.

This was my next question, our body's don't go by numbers on a scale, once you get to a healthy weight, weight loss is harder and your body is going to try to stay there. That's not to say you can't lose more, but if you are where your body "thinks" you should be then maybe all you need to do is tone up a bit.
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    I recommend weight lifting for toning up. You won't get bulky. It's extremely hard and takes hours at the gym for women to become body builders.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    With so little to lose it could be water weight you are gaining back. If it's near your TOM or you've eaten more sodium than usual or several other reasons can cause temporary water weight. Cardio is a good way to sweat off some water weight. Also watch your sodium intake and drink more liquids (I know that sounds like the opposite of what you should do if you are retaining water, but more in means more out).