Body beast? Hammer and chisel?

Options
My husband owns both of the programs but I haven't completed either.

Wondering if it'd be worth starting one even if I have another 20 lbs to lose (down 50).

Btw I am not a coach and not interested in a coach so please no messages.

Replies

• justinstuart99705
    justinstuart99705 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started H&C 3 weeks ago (Monday will be 4) and love it. I started it a while ago but only did a few days so started up again. You do need some equipment. I use the following, Weight Bench (not required as mods are shown), Pull up bar (the door attachment is what I use, or you can use bands with door attachment) dumbbells (I use the bowflex adjustable). You won't loose all the weight as you will build muscle because both the hammer and chisel love squats and lunges, but I like this. I plan on going thru it again then maybe body beast.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    It's never too early to start strength training - it will help you preserve muscle mass as you lose the rest of your weight!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Why would it ever NOT be a good time to start an exercise program? When loosing weight, it is ALWAYS a good time to start a lifting program and these are great for a beginner. And you will not loose weight doing these per se, the muscle building in a calorie deficit tapers off fairly quickly but what you can do and should do is preserve all the lean muscle you currently have now and the min newbie muscle gains you get from following the programs.

HC lacks focus on upper body and its primary focus is on lower body. There is some upper body but severely lacking.

You do need the equipment and I assume that your husband has done these and has the necessary equip already.

Good luck and enjoy!
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Both are good programs. But yes, hammer and chisel is very leg heavy. Everyday is leg day. Body beast is very well rounded
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean that it wasn't a good time to lift lol. I know it's good to lift weights but just wasn't sure about hose two programs. All the before and after pics with Beachbody are people who are quite fit already so it's a bit scary. ;) I think I'll do a round of beast since I hate leg day, so a program more focused on legs might make me hate it. Hehe
  • Emijanine
    Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've done both. I say Hammer and Chisel is a better one to start with if you have 20 lbs to lose!! Both amazing programs.
  • mommyblessed7
    mommyblessed7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You should strength train . No matter what you have left to loose. I love the HC program but I live to lifr
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean that it wasn't a good time to lift lol. I know it's good to lift weights but just wasn't sure about hose two programs. All the before and after pics with Beachbody are people who are quite fit already so it's a bit scary. ;) I think I'll do a round of beast since I hate leg day, so a program more focused on legs might make me hate it. Hehe

You might hate leg day in BB too. Both Build and Beast leg days are hell especially at first! :)
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    I have done both programs, personally Body Beast has my vote, since I like lifting, but your taste might be different.
    Give each one of those programs a run, maybe try it for a week to get a feel for it and see which one you would like to do.