Is a daily treat a bad thing?

Options
So, I'm a super sugar addict. It's one of the biggest reasons I gained weight and thus, came here. I also don't have the total willpower necessary to just shut off the craving and say no 100% of the time. To compensate, I've been allowing myself to have 1 "sweet treat" at the end of each day if I was good and have enough room in my calories, carbs, fats and sugars (or if it will only put it over by 1 or 2 grams). However at work today, I was told that was cheating and basically was making the diet worthless. Should I take stick in what they said, or is what I'm doing okay? Just want to know if any of you have done/heard anything similar.

Replies

• Bianica12691
    Bianica12691 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You guys are just beautiful! Thank you!
  • jmidd97
    jmidd97 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits your calories,nothing wrong with it, regarding fat loss. Deficit is what matters. About a month ago I had some strange cravings, and ate a burger king ice cream sundae every day. Sometimes twice a day. Maybe even three. But I made sure it fit into my calorie deficit, and sure enough - I kept losing weight.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet dessert every single night. I rotate between a few different ones depending how many calories i have left for the day.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I dont see how a diet is anything other than normal eating but with a calorie deficit. If it was true that you had to eat special food or cut out things to be slim then we would have an awful lot more overweight people.

Skinny all my life with a balenced diet.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I have dessert almost every night. For me, balance has been the key to sustainability. Definitely pay no attention to your co-workers
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Fellow sugar fiend here. Screw that. I have something sweet most days. If it fits your calories and macros, you don't have a medical reason not to have it and it keeps you on track then I say go for it. I love Gu mini chocolate pots. 200 cals of delicious ganache goodness.