adding fry oil to food diary?

Options
Hello MFP people. Tonight for dinner I'm making tacos (yuuuuum!) and I was wondering how y'all go about calculating the oil used during frying into your diary. I don't own a food scale, or I'd just measure the starting oil amount and then the remaining amount and log the loss....but with that not being a possibility, what do you recommend?

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Log a few tbsp to be safe?

You're talking about using oil to fry stuff in, right? Not using a tbsp to coat the pan kind of thing?
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options

You're talking about using oil to fry stuff in, right? Not using a tbsp to coat the pan kind of thing?

Yep, oil to fry stuff, not a small reasonable amount t in the bottom of a pan. Tee hee
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options

Yep, oil to fry stuff, not a small reasonable amount t in the bottom of a pan. Tee hee

Then I would say log a few tbsp to be safe. I mean, not all of it is absorbed and you would still have tons left in your pan. Since you don't have a scale, it is a bit of a shot in the dark.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a scale, you can still go by volume. Measure how much oil you put in. Pour the remainder into a measuring cup (preferably a graduated measuring cup such as a multi-cup Pyrex one). It will give a slight overestimate because some will be left in the pan.
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi, I use a one calorie per spritz spray oil by fry light. You can get sunflower oil or olive oil, I'm not sure if it's just available in the UK though..