NSV registered for the Tough Mudder Tampa Dec '11

Options
golferd
golferd Posts: 400 Member
I have taken the large step of registering for the Tough Mudder-Tampa in December. This is a 12 mile race with 21 obstacles. Including, water, ice, electricity, jumping, mud. I am going to follow a modified (harder) p90x workout, with a half marathon running schedule. If your interested let me know.

From the website:
Tough Mudder is not your average lame-*kitten* mud run or spirit-crushing ‘endurance’ road race. It’s Ironman meets Burning Man, and it is coming to a location near you. Our 10-12 mile obstacle courses are designed by British Special Forces to test all around strength, stamina, mental grit, and camaraderie. Forget finish times. Simply completing a Tough Mudder is a badge of honor. Tough Mudder has raised over one million dollars for the Wounded Warrior Project.

http://toughmudder.com/

Replies

• BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you bro! Yes it is tough. I never have, but my buddies have done it. They love it. My son has done the Warrior Dash this year (he's only 14) and loved it. Don't know if its in me, but I fully support the try.

Good Luck!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! There is one coming to Ohio soon, and I want to do it...but think I'll do the Warrior Dash first LOL.
  • sax321
    sax321 Posts: 26
    Options
    WOW!!! Talk about an awesome experience!! a LOT tougher and longer than the Warrior Dash. Also, I am blown away by the cost!!!
    Good Luck!!
  • OttawaJeannie
    Options
    I JUST found out that this race existed yesterday - what a crazy coincidence. LOL! Good luck! I have heard nothing but horrible things about it ;)

Good luck!
  • dkrioux
    dkrioux Posts: 144
    Options
    My boyfriend, brother, coworker and her husband and I are registered for the one coming to the Texas coast in Jan of '12.... I am soooo super excited!!! Our team is Mr. Clean's Rejects:)
    me and the bf are doing the Warrior Dash in November:) Hopefully I survive that one and anything else before January.... I have been doing the training from the TM website along with mixing in P90X, core strengthening and circuit training along with lots of cardio stamina building on the days I am not doing the interval running/sprinting training they suggest... What kind of modified P90X are you doing?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!