belly pouch

randa_behnam
randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
edited 10:19AM in Fitness and Exercise
Hi everyone. just wanted some tips really from all the flat bellies out there,

iv been eating well and exercising for a few months now and i feel my body changing shape, very slowly i might add but this might just be because im not exercising 5 days a week but only 3 instead. Anyway i just wanted to know whats the best thing to get rid of that unsighly pouch under the belly button.

mine isnt too bad where it sticks out and i dont have a muffin top or anything but theres just this flabby bit which drives me mad. i never used to have it and its developed over the last couple of years. Im not very good at running, i dont think i can run more than for about a minute and i know crunches are good to tone and define but theres no point if theres a layer of fat in the way.

any tips would be great. thank xxx :flowerforyou:

Replies

• TheBeefChief
    TheBeefChief Posts: 10 Member
    Have you tried the Couch to 5k running program? I'm on the 3rd week. Week 1 I could barely run for the full minute. Now I can do 3 minutes without too much trouble. Hopefully by next week I can move up with the 5 minutes, and keep building from there.

You should give it a try.
  • karen0201
    karen0201 Posts: 15
    bump!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    I've had this same problem my whole life. It has gotten worse since hitting my 40's. I am happy to say the cardio seems to be eating away at it, along with eating healthy and core exercises. I love Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. You get cardio, strength training and core exercises all in a 20 minute workout!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Yes, as the others have said, cardio is the only way to shift the pooch, unless you've had children and its stetched skin not just fat. in that case theres no way to get rid of it other than surgry. Unfortunately for me :o(
This discussion has been closed.