Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Will Power & Determination

Running out of will power and determination quickly :(

Replies

• YOU CAN DO IT! Don't give up or waiver.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Running out of will power and determination quickly :(

I think you may be looking at this backwards. Willpower and determination are ncessary for completing tasks you don't want to do. Do you want to get healthier? If so, then perhaps you need to more clearly define your motivation.
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    You've identified and admitted how you're feeling - now try to change your attitude. Think positive. Be strong. You can do it!
  • mazzmoo
    mazzmoo Posts: 70 Member
    you can do this :)
    you don't want to look back in a years time and think 'if II had stuck at it I would be loads slimmer right now;!!
  • Think about how good you feel on the days that you exercise and eat right and it will help inspire you to stay on track. Everyone has days where they slip you just gotta get back up and start again. You can do it!
  • Once you get in the habit of counting calories and exercising it comes much easier. You are worth it! Just make yourself a priority.
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Just remember all the reasons why you want this.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Why? Are you happy with your current weight and health? If not, you are the only one that can change it. Breaking old habits is rarely easy, but you can do it. YOU can form new healthy habits. See yourself as that thinner, healthier person. Don't make your plan so strict that you'll give up. Make it workable for you but never lose site of the goal. You CAN do it.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    If I can do it anyone can do it, I loved food, hated exercise 4 months ago and well my boyfriend said he loved me whatever so I didn't really care.
    Then I saw that it can be done and it's not as difficult as you think it will be. Exercise (find one you enjoy) earns you calories!!! Calories equals not going without. It's a lifestyle change to leading a better life.
    And you know what I am soooooo glad I started this in April because by next week I will have lost two stone and I feel amazing!!!!
    Add me as a friend, I'll motivate you!
  • lisapooh1
    lisapooh1 Posts: 90
    Sweet heart you have to do it now or you never will, You are young and as you get older it gets harder and believe me I have been there and done that. Set easy goals at first, but you have to do cardio everyday to burn off the fat and because you have so much to lose you can lose it faster than a person that only has 20 or 10 pounds to lose. Feel free to be friend me and I will help you all I can, Remember beauty is on the inside not out.
  • jesshall281
    jesshall281 Posts: 219
    you don't want to look back in a years time and think 'if II had stuck at it I would be loads slimmer right now;!!

that is sooo true! i think this all the time when i feel like quitting!
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Don't let bad food choices (or whatever's going on with you) win. You're stronger than that, right?

Get your head in a different place, and things will get better. Not always easier. But better. You (and ONLY you) have the ability to see this journey through. So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, cry if you need to (we all do sometimes), then get on with it. :)

Hang in there. You can do this.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    We're here for you...it will be hard, but it's totally worth it in the end!!!!
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Pick up a SELF or Shape magazine and read through it...i find that it always brings my inspiration back!
  • LeighYan
    LeighYan Posts: 13
    Thank You Guys IVe Had A Really Bad Day But Looking Forward To Getting Back On IT Tomorrow!!
  • kathye85
    kathye85 Posts: 12 Member
    I felt that way over the weekend, but like the others said, you and only you can do it. Don't beat yourself up, just make tomorrow a brand new start....good luck :flowerforyou: