I need soooo much motivation.

Options
Hello everybody!

I've been back and forth on this app for years. I just got back on because, smh my goodness I have gained weight. I'm at 29 year old mom of 2 boys. I become a stay at home mom when my second child was born and his 18 months now. Since I've stayed home, I've just let myself go. I need soooo much motivation, maybe this time around I can get down to my goal weight.

Replies

• arunMSW
    arunMSW Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do and you will do it. I am sure.

Let us be friend.
  • lucygomez2012
    lucygomez2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do anything you put your energy into. 30 minutes a day is totally do able. It's also a good start. What helps me want to get up and work out is following a lot of people who work out and do tutorials on Instagram. Give it a go.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I can't bottle up motivation and send it your way, but I can just say you can do anything you set your mind to (my mom used to say this to me as a child, and still true to today).

My next thing I live by is this: Any one's weight loss is the single one you have complete control over. Just think about all the things we have absolute zero control over which is just about everything else!
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody!

I've been back and forth on this app for years. I just got back on because, smh my goodness I have gained weight. I'm at 29 year old mom of 2 boys. I become a stay at home mom when my second child was born and his 18 months now. Since I've stayed home, I've just let myself go. I need soooo much motivation, maybe this time around I can get down to my goal weight.

if you want it bad enough and are sick of the way you are, determination will prevail! you have to really want it, for you. best of luck!
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    @KrystalNina Hi and welcome back , if your looking for some motivation and a team to do it with you the next round of Team Biggest loser starts Next week a 10 week team challenge , You will need to join the group and post your starting weigh before this sunday 10pm . I did the last one and will do this one also it was fun , we started with about 10 teams of 30 .
    you can find the link in challenges or post back here and ill copy it for you . :)
  • DazzlingKim68
    DazzlingKim68 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth too. It can be so hard. I am getting a little better with exercise jut my eating needs work. You can do it.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Motivation is a fleeting and unreliable friend, unfortunately. It's a lot like the person who wants to get together on the weekend for something fun. During the week, they're totally IN! Yes! I'll be there!!! And then when the time to meet rolls around, they're nowhere to be found. Skipped out on you.

Try to make whatever it is you want incorporated into you life just that-a part of your life. If you hate it, don't expect to be motivated to do it. Coming here can be motivating, but it can also be unreliable. Find that part of yourself that does what you need to do because it's what you do. I HATE flossing my teeth, but it's what I do. I love swimming, but there are days when driving home and vegging out with a G&T sounds much better. But I go swim first. No motivation needed. It's just what I do.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Motivation is overrated. So is willpower. Set up your environment and your kitchen to make it easy without either of those. You got this.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I get motivated by seeing changes over time with my body, the weights I lift, etc. It also helps to have someone doing it with me. My wife and I lift together, cook together, etc. If you can get your hubby on it, it will help.
  • KrystalNina
    KrystalNina Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, on the awesome advice and support. Fingers crossed that I can loss at less 5 lbs in August. I think I can
  • gidget_05
    gidget_05 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody!

you can do it. This is my second round on MFP. it is hard it seems to stay in shape being a stay home mom but YOU can do this. Those babies are your motivation they need a healthy mom
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Motivation is overrated.
    Take baby steps. Make small changes. The philosophy I adopted when I started this a little over 90 days and 26 lbs is "do something today that you'll be grateful for tomorrow"
  • NancyCaz61
    NancyCaz61 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Just keep thinking of all the reasons you want to be healthier and you will find the motivation to keep going each day! And check in here as often as you can....
  • rainbowtiedye
    rainbowtiedye Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Make a plan that works for you! You don't have to change everything in your life over night. Start by just simply tracking what you are eating, even if it is over your calorie limit for the day. Just knowing what you are putting into your body can help you change it. I would also get your kids involved! Find a local park that you can walk to or find ways to be more active with them. That way it feels like you are changing to a healthy lifestyle and not just working out.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    THIS. There's a big difference in desiring something and actually busting your *kitten* to get it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• jordiblu
    jordiblu Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Fee free to add me- my diary is open and I love sharing my TIPS for fitness and clean eating!