Could use friends/support.

Options
cain120
cain120 Posts: 12 Member
edited July 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Im new to all this and not the best at being social. I'm looking to lose about 20lbs and just increase my overall fitness level. I play roller derby so i do high intensity skating for 2-3 hours per week but need a little more. Would really like some friends for support and to get ideas and advice from.

Replies

• jeffreyb007
    jeffreyb007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here just getting started. I used to train lots and eat very healthy but fell of the wagon. How are you doing so far and what is your plan?
  • cain120
    Options
    I don't know that I have a plan lol this is a very hard process for me. I think the first thing I need to focus on is eating healthier that is definitely what holds me back the most.
  • lynne822
    lynne822 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try skinny taste recipes or some of the community recipes. They tell you how many calories per serving and carbs etc...
  • cain120
    Options
    I'll look into them but I often run into the fact that a lot premade meal plans are heavy on lean protein with the main source being meat. I am a vegetarian and also have to watch my protein intake due to digestive issues. But thank you for the advice, I am still learning how to navigate the site.
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • SamuraiJake1985
    SamuraiJake1985 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome! 90% is nutrition. So starting there is totally fine. What are your stats? (Weight, height, age etc..) if u don't feel comfortable u can always message me. Losing 20 pounds isn't as bad as it seems. Being a vegetarian makes it harder for protein intake, but theres other sources and foods you can intake with no worries. How's your metabolism? What are your goals? Are you wanting to get more fit for sports and just to feel more comfortable at the beach? There's tons of things to ask yourself before you start a regimen, you want to make sure everything you do fits YOUR needs. Anyways, good luck! Feel free to add me if you'd like! Any questions feel free to ask!
  • cain120
    Options
    haha that's a lot of questions that I am sure need answered. I think I do ok on protein, I have digestive issues so I watch my protein intake and am to follow a high fiber diet. my stats.. age: 30 (31 next week) height: 5'3'' weight: 148 I don't have any measurements or anything but I carry most of my weight in my mid section. My goals are focused around just overall health and I play on a roller derby team so I would like to increase my fitness and strength so I can be a more effective player. I currently skate twice a week for two hours and I do 100 squats a day.
  • champagnekisses7506
    champagnekisses7506 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ill be you friend... just shoot me a request~