Looking to Lose 100+ lbs... Anyone Else?

Options
Hi there!

Brand new to MFP and ready to start making the effort to change my lifestyle. I was around 130 lbs at my most comfortable weight, but during and after a bad relationship skyrocketed (not the best verb I could've chosen) to around 240lbs currently.

In a wonderful relationship with an engagement not far off, and I'd like to be excited about wedding dress shopping and engagement photos. I live two blocks from a gym and have plenty of time to cook solid meals for myself, so I'm ready to stop making excuses and start making changes.

I'd LOVE if anyone wanted to connect for some accountability and support, because I know I'm in for a long journey. Excited to start this new chapter and get back to being the old me!

Best of luck to us all! :)

Replies

• pj_neeley
    pj_neeley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just stay focused and you will reach your goals! I am hoping to lose 135lbs. I have only been doing this for about a week now and I am going fairly slow compared to what I usually see suggested but with a bad back and being used to doing not much of anything I feel every little bit helps.
  • Hoohoohaa
    Hoohoohaa Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 20+ lbs into the journey. Don't let the bad days bring you too low or the good days too high. That's my best advice so far. Best of luck to you
  • GlitterNugget
    GlitterNugget Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 135. Just starting again, but going to stick to it this time!
  • lia_howell
    lia_howell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling to start this journey for the last 5 years! I'm currently sitting at 251 lbs. I started tracking my calories today. I'm so done with this lifestyle. I can't do it anymore! My goal is to be 150, not putting a date on it because that will increase pressure on me. Good luck and stay positive :smile:
  • StoryLover13
    StoryLover13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Coming back after a hiatus I have a little over 100 to lose. Sounds like you have a great set up for going forward in your journey! Anyone can add me if they wish, I know having friends can make this journey much easier, especially when we trip up.
  • Fluffy2Fit2Shredded
    Fluffy2Fit2Shredded Posts: 40 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You can do it. FOOOOCUS! just find it in yourself to just do it, do it NOW and do it daily. I can't add anymore people on MFP but feel free to follow me on IG (BlueBeastFit) which I recently created to log my continued fat loss and muscle gain journey and share with others. I'm down 65lbs and put on some muscle but faaaar from done. I toss up some tips and tricks on nutrition, workouts and plan to put up more regularly to help others, feel free to add!