What are you doing? Fitbit/MFP sync

Options
Since MFP and fitbit are not syncing what are you doing about exercise? I have a charge HR and have been entering all of my calories burned through exercise. My question is should I be entering all of it since I have the heart rate function or still just half? I think it's pretty accurate, but who really knows. I do some steady state cardio and HIIT (bikini body mommy). Thanks for your input!

Replies

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I would enter all of it. Fitbit should report all the calories you burn that it logs, so if you're entering them manually, I would enter that.

Keep an eye on it, though, because when the sync works again, you'll probably end up with double exercise calories when it finally syncs!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have no ongoing problem with them syncing. Sometimes it won't right away, but within a few minutes or an hour - they catch up.

Regardless it does not have to be complicated. Have a goal for how many calories you want to burn in a day. Check your Fitbit app occasionally to make sure you're on target to hit it. If you know your BMR (or look it up) you can know about what you burn in an hour of basic living. And use that knowledge to make sure you'll hit your daily TDEE goal. As long as your end of day number is not a surprise, you can know what you need to eat to make your goals.

Example: my BMR is about 1250. If only consider basic move-enough-to-get-thru-my-day activity, I'll burn ~60 per hour. Right now its about 11am. I've burned according to Fitbit 808 so far. So in the 13 hours that remain I'll end around 1600 TDEE if I make no effort to move more. But I'm going for a walk at lunch, and I work a part time job this evening that has me on my feet for a few hours. So I know I'll hit my goal of 1900 total burned for today. If I were already at 1100 by now maybe I'd skip my lunch time walk in the 90 degree heat. Since I know I'll end at 1900+ then I also know eating my intended 1600-1700 calories has me at a slight deficit which is what I want.
  • sadiepie05
    sadiepie05 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just completely disconnected everything. I figured I'd give it a few days and connect them again.