Need support...

Options
Hi, I'm new to the site. I've been struggling with my weight since I was 13 and am tired of living this lifestyle. I'm currently 28 at 251 lbs. I'm tired all the time, I can't work long hours because I get too sore and tired. I want to be healthy and start losing weight properly. I downloaded the MFP app on my phone today and started tracking my calorie intake. It's an awesome app. I would love to lose 100 lbs, but not putting a goal date on that because it'll just increase pressure on me and become discouraging the closer I get to that date.

I'd love to connect with people who have similar goals and continue to support each other through and after the journey!

:blush:

Replies

• StoryLover13
    StoryLover13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Before I went on hiatus this app really helped me in so many ways, I hope it helps you as well. I'm 23 and need to lose at least 100. Feel free to add me if you wish!
  • ericacarter12
    ericacarter12 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    lia_howell wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to the site. I've been struggling with my weight since I was 13 and am tired of living this lifestyle. I'm currently 28 at 251 lbs. I'm tired all the time, I can't work long hours because I get too sore and tired. I want to be healthy and start losing weight properly. I downloaded the MFP app on my phone today and started tracking my calorie intake. It's an awesome app. I would love to lose 100 lbs, but not putting a goal date on that because it'll just increase pressure on me and become discouraging the closer I get to that date.

I'd love to connect with people who have similar goals and continue to support each other through and after the journey!

:blush:

I have been overweight since I was 12. I turned 28 on the 25th and you and I sound like were in the same situation. I am at 235lbs and I really don't want to go into my 30's weighing anymore than 15Xlbs. Maybe we can encourage each other!! Feel free to add me! :)
  • shandy4487
    shandy4487 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome! I am gonna send you a friend request. I am 29, started out at 260 lbs, current weight is 189, goal is 170. I've found a lot of support on this site, and I hope you do too!
  • lia_howell
    lia_howell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    shandy4487 wrote: »
    Hi there and welcome! I am gonna send you a friend request. I am 29, started out at 260 lbs, current weight is 189, goal is 170. I've found a lot of support on this site, and I hope you do too!

Wow that's awesome!! Congrats on your progress :smiley: so far it's been a really good decision making a profile on here!
  • Fluffy2Fit2Shredded
    Fluffy2Fit2Shredded Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, 5'6. Was 235lbs 35% bodyfat. Now down to 170ish and 13% body fat (currently going through mini-bulk to put on more muscle mass) but here's some things that got me down a lot in a few months, take whatever you feel you can do, I did it all, only took 6 months to hit that number above and I'm still going. I can't connect on MFP as I've hit the friends MAX but feel free to follow on IG (bluebeastfit) I recently started to continue sharing what I've learned along the way and will continue to pick up to log my journey to motivate others and stay motivated!
    - drink plenty of water (a gallon+ a day)
    - tons of veggies and fruits
    - use MFP daily
    - get at least 6-7 hours of sleep daily
    - if you're looking for fat loss, go into a calorie deficit (i took 70% of my daily calorie maintenance)
    - find out what your daily calorie maintenance is!!
    - exercise daily
    - lift weights and push for hypertrophy. muscle will burn more fat just to maintain itself
    - understand your macros and what each does for your body: protein, fats, carbohydrates
    - hit each muscle group 2x/week. 3x if you can once you've gone through a couple months of your body getting used to the physical demand and soreness, it does take awhile to get conditioned
    - join a group fitness class at your gym, and go a couple times a week, then a few more times a week, then 5x a week, you will be less likely to quit when you're on your own on a treadmill, elliptical or out for a run, i've found myself consistently hitting 500 calories burned in these things vs only burning 200 on my own because i'll get tired, bored, or just want to stop because i can.
    - plan all your meals, save your calories and load up on low calorie foods and liquids if you know you're going to have an outing with friends, family, get togethers, etc.
    - drink cup of water before your first bite, after each bite drink a gulp of water, enjoy the taste of each bite, after about 6 bites you'll have satisfied the taste in you mouth you sought, and be sooooo full. make sure to get your nutrients in though. just follow your MFP
    - measure all your food! best way i found was to weigh, measure, bag in ziplock bags EVERYTHING right after grocery shopping, only takes an extra hour.
    - cook foods separate from the family if you must. The rest of my family has junk food everywhere and with a GF with amazing metabolism and teenager that just eats and eats, the junk food and fatty foods are EVERYWHERE, so cook separately if you must.
    - discipline. develop it, walk away from foods if you must, out of site out of mind.
    - fat loss: 80% nutrition, 20% exercise. but with more intense exercise and strict nutrition, you'll see results faster. just a matter of how fast do you want to see the results. Once i saw my abs coming out which i NEVER did, i doubled and tripled up my routine, soon 4 abs showed, then 6, then obliques...it becomes almost an obsession. I'd like to say you become more focused.

That's a good start! Feel free to follow on IG for more, as I continue my journey, I share what I can to help others too! Good luck!
  • lia_howell
    lia_howell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, 5'6. Was 235lbs 35% bodyfat. Now down to 170ish and 13% body fat (currently going through mini-bulk to put on more muscle mass) but here's some things that got me down a lot in a few months, take whatever you feel you can do, I did it all, only took 6 months to hit that number above and I'm still going. I can't connect on MFP as I've hit the friends MAX but feel free to follow on IG (bluebeastfit) I recently started to continue sharing what I've learned along the way and will continue to pick up to log my journey to motivate others and stay motivated!
    - drink plenty of water (a gallon+ a day)
    - tons of veggies and fruits
    - use MFP daily
    - get at least 6-7 hours of sleep daily
    - if you're looking for fat loss, go into a calorie deficit (i took 70% of my daily calorie maintenance)
    - find out what your daily calorie maintenance is!!
    - exercise daily
    - lift weights and push for hypertrophy. muscle will burn more fat just to maintain itself
    - understand your macros and what each does for your body: protein, fats, carbohydrates
    - hit each muscle group 2x/week. 3x if you can once you've gone through a couple months of your body getting used to the physical demand and soreness, it does take awhile to get conditioned
    - join a group fitness class at your gym, and go a couple times a week, then a few more times a week, then 5x a week, you will be less likely to quit when you're on your own on a treadmill, elliptical or out for a run, i've found myself consistently hitting 500 calories burned in these things vs only burning 200 on my own because i'll get tired, bored, or just want to stop because i can.
    - plan all your meals, save your calories and load up on low calorie foods and liquids if you know you're going to have an outing with friends, family, get togethers, etc.
    - drink cup of water before your first bite, after each bite drink a gulp of water, enjoy the taste of each bite, after about 6 bites you'll have satisfied the taste in you mouth you sought, and be sooooo full. make sure to get your nutrients in though. just follow your MFP
    - measure all your food! best way i found was to weigh, measure, bag in ziplock bags EVERYTHING right after grocery shopping, only takes an extra hour.
    - cook foods separate from the family if you must. The rest of my family has junk food everywhere and with a GF with amazing metabolism and teenager that just eats and eats, the junk food and fatty foods are EVERYWHERE, so cook separately if you must.
    - discipline. develop it, walk away from foods if you must, out of site out of mind.
    - fat loss: 80% nutrition, 20% exercise. but with more intense exercise and strict nutrition, you'll see results faster. just a matter of how fast do you want to see the results. Once i saw my abs coming out which i NEVER did, i doubled and tripled up my routine, soon 4 abs showed, then 6, then obliques...it becomes almost an obsession. I'd like to say you become more focused.

That's a good start! Feel free to follow on IG for more, as I continue my journey, I share what I can to help others too! Good luck!

Thanks for the reply, a lot of insight! I appreciate it :smile: I'll follow you on IG. The food thing is easier to maintain, it's the exercise and staying active that I have problems with. Since I had my son I get really bad lower back pain when I try to do anything (even work) so I've been doing Yoga to help stretch my back out. Thanks for all the info!!!