Weight wont stop increasing please help!

Options
The last week my weights been going up non stop, i used to at least be able yo maintain my 110lbs, but this past week my weights gone from 110lbs to 114lbs and im kind of freaking out. I havent actually exceeded my daily calories at all this week except two or three days ago when i went over by 200cals but my weekly total is stil 1500cals under my weekly goal. Why is the scale against me, it makes me so frustrated and my motivations dwindling :(:'(

Replies

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Make sure you weigh yourself on an empty stomach to maintain consistency with that. You are either: holding water due to eating too much salt, or you are not tracking calories accurately, or just weighing yourself after eating a big meal.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating 1500 under your weekly goal? Eat to your goal plus a percentage of your exercise calories.
    At your weight ( I understand being light I am 102) you have no room to short change yourself on nutrition.

Probably water retention. Is TOM close?

Look more for trends over a couple of months rather than day to day or week to week if you have just started or re started on MFP

Cheers, h.
  • shiroyashida24
    shiroyashida24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah TOM should be coming any day now, its just really annoying because i know that i gain more right before TOM but that also makes my emotions and motivations go really up and down and it makes me feel like giving up completely :s
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Your weight will always fluctuate - there are so many processes going on in your body, that fluctuations in water weight, muscle activity, digestion, etc will affect your scale weight. I can fluctuate 5 lbs from one day to the next. You need to be looking for a trend over months, not days.
  • shiroyashida24
    Options
    Make sure you weigh yourself on an empty stomach to maintain consistency with that. You are either: holding water due to eating too much salt, or you are not tracking calories accurately, or just weighing yourself after eating a big meal.

I weigh myself in the morning when i get up before eating or drinking anything and i use a travel size digital food scale yo keep myself completely accurate, sometimes i think when i have more salt some days it goes up but my salt intake is always well below normal even when i have more than i usually do in a day
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I spent all last week gaining a half pound of water per day while I was perfectly under goal, drinking enough water and watching my sodium. This week that water weight was gone and I'm down to pounds of fat to boot. Guess what, the same thing is going to happen next week, and the week after. When I ovulate, and right before my cycle, I do this water weight thing. Then it goes. Your body is doing what it's doing.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too. When it does, you need to cut down to 1200 cal.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

No. Weight fluctuations are normal u less you are a robot.

Something like the weather being extreme can make your weight bounce around.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates daily for everyone. Your best bet is to not pick a single number, but a range of weight of about 5lbs to stay in. That will help account for TOM, water retention, etc. Keeps me from stressing out that's for sure!
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

Water gain has nothing to do with calories.
  • shiroyashida24
    Options

I already stick to 1260 cals per day