New to the site, hopfully I dont give up this time.

Options
Hi, Im Ann, i am new to this site. Ive tried to lose weight before but usually give up on myself. I am hoping that for once I wont give up. I am starting college and am hoping to be healthier by the time i graduate in a year.
Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• sonamae80
    sonamae80 Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new too and I can totally relate to giving up on yourself! I've done it for years! Hopefully with MFP we can find the encouragement we need to stick to it! ;) Good luck!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Hi!! You are takinga HUGE first step. You can do this :) if you dont have alot of support at home (even if you do) I highly recommend adding friends and building a good support network on here. There will be struggles and times you want to give up or do something unhealthy, we've all been there. But its how we work through it that makes it worth it
  • Claire739
    Claire739 Posts: 114
    Options
    hi and welcome

im the same i used to always give up! ive now lost a stone with the help of mfp!

feel free to add me as a friend for help x
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You can do this!
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Welcome! If you only make changes you can live with forever, you can absolutely do it. Change the foods you eat bit by bit. Change the portions too. Slowly add in good strength training and cardio routine and bit by bit without even feeling like what you're doing is hard or that you're on a diet, you'll get there. Push out the bad, put in the good but only what you can handle at a time. No radical changes unless you are fully ready for them.