Old "weight loss" clothes...

Options
3 years ago I lost about 30 lbs and gained it back. I am at the weight I was then again and still have the jeans from this weight. They don't fit! I guess losing and gaining up/down changes your body? They fit me at this weight before and now they are too tight :(

Replies

• cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have noticed that too - clothes from previous weight loss journeys dont fit the same, and I certainly dont love them like I did at that time - does the weight come off differently each time around LOL?!!!
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    @cross2bear that seems to be the conclusion for me!
  • JustMary82
    JustMary82 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Same with me but I also had kids so my body is all outta whack compared to before
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    3 years ago I lost about 30 lbs and gained it back. I am at the weight I was then again and still have the jeans from this weight. They don't fit! I guess losing and gaining up/down changes your body? They fit me at this weight before and now they are too tight :(

My first thought was that you had more muscle before, which takes up less room than an equal weight of fat. However, it's only been three years so hopefully you didn't lose that much muscle mass in that short time.

• RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I remarried at age 38, and when I weighed 60 pounds less than I did on that day, I could not zip my wedding dress! Seriously! I didn't have any babies either! Now that I weigh 113-115, I can zip it, and it looks nice on me. Would someone explain that to me?
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I think the way you carry your weight can change when you go up and down again depending on how well your skin can handle the weight fluctuations and possibly what your muscle tone looks like. When I was in high school and college I had a lot of weight issues (ED related) and yo-yo'd up to 30lbs a lot but I always gained and lost in the same spots with no issue. I'm 26 now and I lost 45lbs last year for my wedding over the course of 6months, then I gained almost 20lbs back this past year just from being lazy. I also used to have a job that kept me very active on my feet a lot and I left that one to go to a desk type job with a more flexible schedule. I noticed when I gained the weight back it is settling much lower than it did before, in my hips, thighs, and pooch area. I don't think my skin ever fully bounced back from losing the 45lbs last year and then sitting on my butt all day made me lose a lot of my muscle tone in my lower half. I have since left the desk job for a mildly more active job and started lifting. Things are starting to perk up again slowly but surely!
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    yeah. I regained about 20 lbs, and am losing it again. But it came back on in different places - hips instead of butt, legs instead of arms.
  • CaptainJoy
    CaptainJoy Posts: 257 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I remarried at age 38, and when I weighed 60 pounds less than I did on that day, I could not zip my wedding dress! Seriously! I didn't have any babies either! Now that I weigh 113-115, I can zip it, and it looks nice on me. Would someone explain that to me?

Perhaps you became a strong woman during and after your first marriage. It sounds like you gained a lot of abdominal and upper body muscle, perhaps from lifting and carrying heavy things. As you got older you lost enough muscle that the dress now fits nicely. I am looking forward to trying on my wedding dress in the very near future.

@DanniB423;10435433 If you've been working out, it's possible that your thighs are more muscular. If not, your weight is now simply distributed differently.