C25K - the first 25 minute run....

Options
snowy_sk
snowy_sk Posts: 117 Member
I DID IT!!!!!! Woooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Was so nervous this morning and now I'm sitting here in absolute shock that I did it, and to think that 2 months ago I could only run for 30 seconds before I got tired.

Plus I weighed myself this morning and I am now at 152 pounds which is the lightest I have been for around 10 years. I feel SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Just wanted to share x

Replies

• mbw2586
    mbw2586 Posts: 88
    Options
    Congratulations!! Awesome, you deserve to feel happy :)
  • spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's a great accomplishment!
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Thats a long way to go :) great job!
  • missphoenix
    Options
    well done! I am on my second week so I hope to be one day at the stage you are at :)
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    That's awesome, snowy_sk! Keep up the good work!
  • lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    LOVED the C25K program! Did you schedule a 5K at the end of the program? I never thought I would love running, but it does great things for both your body and mind! I can't wait for my next 5K- August 7th in Yankee Stadium! What's great with running is that you compete against yourself- you can increase distance or work on decreasing your time. You can always improve something! Congratulations!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! I just finished a 25 minute run (though not my first) and it's still amazing every time!

Congrats! Keep it up! :D
  • snowy_sk
    Options
    well done! I am on my second week so I hope to be one day at the stage you are at :)

4 more weeks and you will be! Every single session I have thought that I couldnt do it and always end up being surprised. What keeps me going through the run is knowing how proud of myself I will feel if I get to the end of the run for that day without giving up. Let me know how you get on!!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!! The C25k program is awesome!!

I was so ecstatic about my first 25 minute run, I decided to sign up for a half marathon and continue to train hard toward running the whole thing. I don't run fast, but I am slowly increasing my speed and I have till November to reach my goal.
  • cangi1
    cangi1 Posts: 50
    Options
    This is encouraging! I am scheduled to do my first 20 minute run today...and I am a little nervous BUT even a little excited. Every session I have been able to complete so far. I believe I can do this 20 minutes run if I just push through it and think about how great it will feel to have been able to accomplish it! Thank you for sharing! :)
  • lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Most of the program is mental! I still get butterflies before every run but I know I can do it. Your body can do it, make sure your mind doesn't psych you out!
  • sonamae80
    sonamae80 Posts: 5
    Options
    Congrats to you!! That's an awesome accomplishment! I am on week 2 of C25K and am really enjoying the program! I'm a slow go-er though! I've been on week 2 for about 2 weeks now. But, I got some inspiration from your post, so I'm going to give week 3 a try next Monday!

Congrats again! ;)
  • snowy_sk
    Options
    Congrats to you!! That's an awesome accomplishment! I am on week 2 of C25K and am really enjoying the program! I'm a slow go-er though! I've been on week 2 for about 2 weeks now. But, I got some inspiration from your post, so I'm going to give week 3 a try next Monday!

Congrats again! ;)

You can do it!!!!! I keep telling myself it's my mind that makes me think I can't do it. It turns out our bodies are pretty awesome when we let them be! Good luck x