C section pouch

Options
Any exercises to lose the dreaded c section pouch? Ive already dropped my pregnancy weight, just trying to see if there are any exercises to lose the pouch. TIA!!!

Replies

• Over50ToBeFit
    Over50ToBeFit Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    2 c sections and other ab surgery same scar area 25 years ago and SO need exercises. Bumping up to see if there are some solutions.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    mine has become smaller with weight loss but never disappeared. My mommy tummy is now almost 11 years old.
    :(
  • Anaaremade
    Anaaremade Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would love any proven recommendations for this. I had a belly prior to cesarean, but never had a hanging pooch like the one I have now post-cesarean.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Low enough body fat

Progressive resistance work
  • must_deflate
    must_deflate Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Low enough body fat

Progressive resistance work

That did not work for me, unfortunately. at one point i was down to 17% bf -- it was smaller but still there. I worked out like a maniac (weights and cardio) but it persisted and I could not get bf lower.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Enough core work, and mine looks as good as it did when I was 19, and before 3 kids. But it doesn't look like a Victoria's Secret model, because that's not reality.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    If it's mostly fat, than getting to a lower bf% will most likely do the trick.

However if there is any loose skin like I have, then surgery is a high possibility.

My loose skin pics are on page 2 towards the bottom of the page:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257157/c-section-mom-of-2-my-progress-over-the-past-couple-years-lots-of-pics#latest
  • ann_kristen
    ann_kristen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you have split abs or diastasis recti, this could be adding to the mom pouch. Traditional ab workouts will make it worse if you have this condition. Lots of info online to gage if you have this or not. Gotta do specialized core workouts to improve it. No planks or sit ups!

I have had 2 sections and have this condition, currently trying to get it better :)
  • Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    ponycyndi wrote: »
    Enough core work, and mine looks as good as it did when I was 19, and before 3 kids. But it doesn't look like a Victoria's Secret model, because that's not reality.

Victoria secrets models have incredibly low bf%s and are often photoshopped to look less skinny!
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    No exercise in the world can take away the extra skin that sits at my incision. Luckily it is covered by a bikini and no one ever sees it.

Unfortunately media has set us up for unrealistic expectations for our bodies. If your bf% is good and you are toned the ledge may be there to stay and that is ok. Embrace your beautiful body and everything it has done for you:).
  • beau2fulone2
    beau2fulone2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :D this have to be the millon dollar question.. I asked my pcp and her response was welcome to motherhood.. but one definite way to lose it is a tummy tuck. It will get smaller but I won't ever go a way
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    :D this have to be the millon dollar question.. I asked my pcp and her response was welcome to motherhood.. but one definite way to lose it is a tummy tuck. It will get smaller but I won't ever go a way

Not actually true...there are many mothers who through appropriate training and low enough body fat have totally lost their post pregnancy tummy

I am personally not one of them, because I made a decision that I wanted to keep what boobs I had left (E cup to C cup) more than I wanted to lose my small c-section overhang that disappears in my pants anyway
  • merryward13
    merryward13 Posts: 1,662 Member
    Options
    I call it my flap jack. It's like no matter how much weight I lose, it's there, just flapping around.
  • cali_rose213
    cali_rose213 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the responses ladies, sorry for the late reply. So I'm guessing I'll need a tummy tuck :/ still holding on to hope that this pouch will disappear.
  • ljread1
    ljread1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a way to get rid!
    I'm a 6ft 11stone UK 12 all over except for the overhang bit of my tummy which is a 16 sized pouch, it does my head in!! :D
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I got rid of mine after 2 c-sections and 5 pregnancies (3 VBACS) with diet and heavy lifting. I will have another c-section with this one and I plan on doing the same thing with hopefully the same results. So for those that say it's impossible, it's possible.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I got rid of mine after 2 c-sections and 5 pregnancies (3 VBACS) with diet and heavy lifting. I will have another c-section with this one and I plan on doing the same thing with hopefully the same results. So for those that say it's impossible, it's possible.

I'm thinking that if a person was obese before pregnancy, and/or stayed overweight for a long time, it might be harder. I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect for me there's going to be a couple of inches of hang even with fat loss and heavy lifting. I'll let you know in a few months! :)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Lower body fat with heavy squats and deadlifts will help, but it take patience.

I have a medium sized horizontal incision on my right side of abs as well as large one from my belly button down to my shaft.

Picture sucks, but you get the idea.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »

Not actually true...there are many mothers who through appropriate training and low enough body fat have totally lost their post pregnancy tummy

I am personally not one of them, because I made a decision that I wanted to keep what boobs I had left (E cup to C cup) more than I wanted to lose my small c-section overhang that disappears in my pants anyway

This is true, but a LOT of it has to do with skin elasticity, genetics, whether your skin will stretch that far and bounce, and how many times.

Mine got back to looking like I'd not had a baby after the first three kids, but could not bounce completely after #4. Still, good enough for a bikini.

I had a friend who had one baby. One. Her skin stayed exactly the size of her pregnant belly, it didn't shrink back at all, her son was 5. She simply had no skin elasticity. Lost the weight but none of the skin. Boobs too, they grew and shrunk and were entirely deflated because of the extra skin. She had boob lift & tummy tuck and OMG looked amazing. If you want that, the results I have seen have convinced me. Her life was improved tremendously.