For the ladies out there....

Options
LaraRN
LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
Hi ladies,
I have a question - if/when some of you gain water weight during your monthly cycle (which we all know can be up to 2-4lbs)! Should I make that my current weigh in? I haven't been - but somehow i feel like I'm cheating - which would only be cheating myself.

Any thoughts/suggestons?

Replies

• jkqe20
    jkqe20 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I log whatever it is, good bad or ugly. I find looking back at my flow sheet you can see trends and when my TOM was.
  • macw1_2000
    macw1_2000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I hadn't even thought about it - I step on the scale on Mondays most of the time and if it's "TOM," then so be it. It all evens out in the end I think...
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on why you track your weight, or what kind of data you get from it. I try only to log my weight when I know it's stabilized somewhat. So I know that weight "gain: during TOM isn't really a gain, so I don't log it. But if you find it useful to track all the fluctuations, and you understand that they are just fluctuations, it could be interesting data.
  • alslau02
    alslau02 Posts: 64
    Options
    I record my weight three times a month as official weigh ins and just peak at other times.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I usually just skip the weigh in the week of my TOM. It's not an accurate weigh in anyway so I just ignore it and weigh in the week after as usual and record that.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I don't log it because I know it is water weight and it will disappear as quickly as it appeared once TOM is over. I still weigh myself like normal - but I don't log.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I just so happen to have my weigh in and first day of TOM set on a Tuesday so I weigh myself anyways, get disappointed and dont weigh in on MFP for that week. I skip one week and weigh in, if i do lose weight the following weeks.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    dont its not real lol i went up 7lbs!!!! on friday now it ended today and im back at my reg. weight
  • OneLostSock
    Options
    I hadn't even thought about it - I step on the scale on Mondays most of the time and if it's "TOM," then so be it. It all evens out in the end I think...

Yes, it does even out in the end. I know a few people who only ever weigh in monthly to see a truer reflection of losses without the TOTM fluctuations.