TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    .....OK.....
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Fiber One Cereal
    Here is a picture http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fiber-One-Original-Cereal-16.2-oz/10311398
    About 1/2 of your daily fiber requirement. 0 Sugar !
    Colon Blow - http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/colon-blow/n9822
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yes you need fibre along with other nutrients/food groups, but it's not necessary for losing weight. Eating less calories than you burn is the only necessity for losing weight.
  • 5K85
    5K85 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks learning about this as I go
  • PamLivin
    PamLivin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I have been eating Activa yogurt with cereal over my fresh fruit. Love it. Feels like a treat every day. Someone told me the other day that activa is the worst yogurt for us. Does anyone know if that is true. As of Monday I have lost 30 lbs and went down half in my pain meds for my joints.. Feeling really good I am no good with google so that is why I am asking.
    thanks Pam
  • PamLivin
    PamLivin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I eat my own home made Cobb salad every day and it is working, with my home made TV dinners. lots of greens and fruit.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Ya, fiber helps keep me full and thus makes it easier for me to stick to a calorie deficit. I swapped out the Sugar and Sodium nutrients for Fiber and Iron (I'm anemic) and try to hit my fiber goals daily.

Here are some high fiber foods:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/high-fiber-foods/art-20050948
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    PamLivin wrote: »
    Hello all, I have been eating Activa yogurt with cereal over my fresh fruit. Love it. Feels like a treat every day. Someone told me the other day that activa is the worst yogurt for us. Does anyone know if that is true. As of Monday I have lost 30 lbs and went down half in my pain meds for my joints.. Feeling really good I am no good with google so that is why I am asking.
    thanks Pam

@PamLivin This will work better if you use the Search function to find an existing discussion of Activia.
  • Karihappy
    Karihappy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If you love wraps, the Ole Xtreme Wellness, high-fiber, low-carb tortilla wraps are the best! They have only 50 calories, 1.5 fat, 16 carbs, a whopping ELEVEN fiber, and 4 protein.

5229779.png

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The person that told her Activia was bad must have been a fat free greek yogurt eater
    16 grams of sugar for 4 oz vs only 1 gram of sugar for greek
    there are some sugar haters out there
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't buy cereal and other Fiber One products just for the fiber because they don't fill me up at all for the calories.

I get my fiber from beans, veggies, and apples, typically (and whole grains).