Tattoo!

Options
chocolateandvodka
chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
I'm just about ready to start the inking process but I'm stumped on location...

I know i want the word "recuerdas" somewhere, and i want a treble and bass clef intertwined somewhere for my first two tats... but i'm having trouble deciding where.

for the word "recuerdas" i want it in a spot that i see often. but since i work at a hospital, it needs to be concealable. How did you pick the spots for your ink?

Replies

• TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I'm considering my 1st tattoo, too, and wondered the same thing -- where to put it so you can enjoy it, but also cover it when you want to / need to... :) What does "recuerdas" mean?
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I got my tat on my foot so that i knew I could cover it easy, and i knew that as I lost my weight, that part of my body wouldn't change much. I love it and it didn't hurt much at all.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I generally choose places that I can easily cover but I'm getting more devil may care about it now (I also work in a hospital) and am thinking about getting a big one across my back.

Whatever to get, choose the design and where you want it and wait a while before going ahead to make sure you don't change your mind. If you waver at all, don't do it!
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i have mine on my foot, I love it :) So easy to conceal or show!
  • Bellini500
    Bellini500 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Mine is right at the top of my arm, so it is covered by my shirt sleeves at work.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    My first tattoo went on my leg ... above my knee but below where a shorter, but still fairly modest skirt would show. This way, I could wear shorts or a shorter skirt and see it, and if I wanted it concealed, a knee-length skirt or trousers would cover it.

My second, third, fourth and fifth tattoos combined to make a larger back piece. I can conceal it with a modest shirt or dress, but portions show with a tank top or scoop back. I have a couple more planned, one on the leg that hasn't got a tattoo yet, and a couple more lower on my back to finish off all the real estate there.

Ribs hurt just a little more than I am willing to put up with at this point, and none on my chest or arms where they might show unintentionally.

My Daughter's first tattoo was on the back of her shoulder where it can be hidden with a shirt or sweater..
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    Mine is on my back. I picked there because I wanted it close to my heart but wasn't comfortable with having something that big on my chest.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    That depends on what you are doing/what you want to do career wise. Anything in a medical setting (dental included) MOST places require them to be covered (not all) so keep that in mind. I want mine on my lower back when I maintain my goal for 3 months. When Im done having children Im going to get their foot prints on or right above my c-section scar (Lenix was by emergency c-section even though I went through 12 hours of labor we found out he would have died if I had had him naturally)
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    My first 2 tats are not visible by most folks. When I hit my halfway point I am doing an outer calf tat of a heart exploding with music. I want to do the word music on it using the cleft as the S!
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have mine on the back of my shoulder, chest, and ankle. I can cover those up pretty easy.
  • jiggs31
    jiggs31 Posts: 117
    Options
    I have quite a few in various places - foot, lower back, upper back, stomach. Next one is due on my ribs - ouch!

My most visible three are on the back of my neck, a quote wrapped twice around my wrist and my ring finger.

In the past I worked in a corporate environment where they had to be covered up. When I had my wrist done, I wore a bracelet to cover it for a while (until the bosses decided it was actually quite pretty and they didn't mind it being on show!)

My friend is a nurse and has them all over.

I think if you are worried about the location, just think of somewhere you can cover if you need / want to.

Maybe around your wrist in a pretty script?
  • siyosa
    siyosa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you put it on your wrist, you can cover it with a watch, but it's very visible as a reminder. I have two on one wrist and one on the other. Long sleeves or bracelets cover them well enough (I work in an office environment) My best practice: use henna or even a permanent marker to write out what you want and see if you like it long term. I had a friend do that and he ended up changing the location of a tattoo he wanted after realizing he didn't really like the first spot he chose.
  • kcphilly
    kcphilly Posts: 71
    Options
    I have one on my lower back and one on my hip...both still easy to show...although I tend to forget they are there sometimes lol. But then I don't get sick of seeing them that way.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm considering my 1st tattoo, too, and wondered the same thing -- where to put it so you can enjoy it, but also cover it when you want to / need to... :) What does "recuerdas" mean?

remember
  • chocolateandvodka
    Options
    All of these are pretty awesome ideas!

I'm thinking the treble/bass clef will go on the inside of my right wrist, and i'm kind of considering doing the word "recuerdas" (which does indeed mean "remember") on the inside of my left wrist. I've been considering it for almost a year so i know those will be the first two that i get but i love the idea of trying out henna or permanent marker to decide on the location! that's an excellent idea!
  • aggielauren
    aggielauren Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of wrist tattoos. i want one, but I'm not sure how I'd cover it. i typically always wear a watch, so that might work. I have a treble/bass clef tattoo on my hip area in the front, and its shaped into a butterfly! its really cute and unique.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Think I may get one done next year. It has to be humorous and available to the chosen few only.

A barcode with 'Made in UK' underneath fits, and that would be on my butt cheek
  • chocolateandvodka
    Options
    Think I may get one done next year. It has to be humorous and available to the chosen few only.

A barcode with 'Made in UK' underneath fits, and that would be on my butt cheek

*LOVE*!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Im thinking of getting one for my birthday in September! I have drawn it up too! Its the tree of life! I want the roots to be on the side of my bicep.....with the tree and its branches extending slightly onto my shoulder area and upper chest slightly.
  • curveygirllove39
    Options
    Well where ever you deside to get it don't put it somewhere where there's a lot of friction like your foot, inner arm, inbetween fingers or toes, inner thigh etc because the tattoo will start to fade after just a few months because of the friction(I'm a tattoo artist and have been for 7 years now). Out of all my tattoos my favorite spot is on my ribs. It didn't hurt at all either. Good luck finding a spot :)