Replies

• Elaina291
    Elaina291 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Elaina291 wrote: »
    Regular price for both is almost $7.

Regular price at Whole Foods is $5.99, I stocked up when it was on sale.

I went to a place called Natural Health and reg cost was 6.99. There are no Whole Foods stores in close enough distance where I am living unfortunately

For a pint?!?!!!? Hell naw.

Lol exactly why I am so glad I caught it on sale for 3.99. I won't be getting either again unless its on sale.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've not tried either, but I feel like regular ice cream isn't that calorific. Most are 150 calories or less for 1/2 cup. Is it really worth the money?

When you are extremely sad or going through a tragic event or just having major pms yes it will be

Regular ice cream servings add up when you are hormonal or just sad at least for me it does.
    I've had issues with binging in the past and have found it better to try avoiding that kind of thinking.

• Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Can we please stop starting threads about Halo Top? There are 1095772.7689 already started on this subject. Here are 2 from within the past hour :#

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10428180/halo-top-iced-cream#latest

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10430427/halo-top#latest

This is what happens if you spend $7 on stevia-flavored ice pretending to be ice cream.....
  • Elaina291
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I've not tried either, but I feel like regular ice cream isn't that calorific. Most are 150 calories or less for 1/2 cup. Is it really worth the money?

When you are extremely sad or going through a tragic event or just having major pms yes it will be

Regular ice cream servings add up when you are hormonal or just sad at least for me it does.
    I've had issues with binging in the past and have found it better to try avoiding that kind of thinking.

I don't plan on having an episode anytime soon but I have to be realistic because **** happens. I'm not saying that I should binge on ice cream when I am sad or hormonal but sometimes it happens. Good thing I am not a real big ice cream person though. My problem is cake and cookies.

Now when they make Halo Top cake and cookies then I am in trouble lol but I don't have that stuff in my house anymore to avoid it and just go out and get it when I am craving it. That way I won't set myself up for failure.
  • Elaina291
    Options

I went to a place called Natural Health and reg cost was 6.99. There are no Whole Foods stores in close enough distance where I am living unfortunately

Beer tastes better

If I was a big beer fan I would probably agree but I don't drink beer for the taste. I drink it to get wasted. :)
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I can get Halo Top here in Phoenix for $4.50 at a local chain, Fry's Market. Mm mm.

Fry's also started carrying Creamies. 120 calories of chocolate deliciousness. (Utah people know what these guys are.)
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Can we please stop starting threads about Halo Top? There are 1095772.7689 already started on this subject. Here are 2 from within the past hour :#

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10428180/halo-top-iced-cream#latest

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10430427/halo-top#latest

This is what happens if you spend $7 on stevia-flavored ice pretending to be ice cream.....

I had a bite of the pint of chocolate Halo Top my friend had the other day. It was in no way, shape, or form icy. I was quite surprised. I've tasted regular ice creams that were icier and less creamy than that spoonful. Now I'm not going to pay full price as I don't crave sweets often, but I'll definitely grab a pint or two when it's on sale.

ETA: I checked the label of hers. The first three ingredients were milk, cream, and eggs.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

Beer tastes better

If I was a big beer fan I would probably agree but I don't drink beer for the taste. I drink it to get wasted. :)

Vodka is the answer
  • MarkusDarwath
    MarkusDarwath Posts: 393 Member
    Options

Blech. If you're drinking for effect, Captain Morgan is a lot faster, and better tasting.

• Elaina291
    Options

Blech. If you're drinking for effect, Captain Morgan is a lot faster, and better tasting.

Unfortunately I can't drink the hard stuff like I did in college. One too many Everclear bottles and Canadian whisky shot my digestive system to hell. I get really bad acid reflux now if I'm not careful. I drink beer and wine if I want to get really messed up but beer alone usually does the trick now that my tolerance is low.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I feel bad now. Honestly, I drink for taste. Seriously, you have to love your buzz or don't do it.
  • Elaina291
    Options
    I feel bad now. Honestly, I drink for taste. Seriously, you have to love your buzz or don't do it.

Yeah I drink maybe once or twice a year now usually for an event like a friend's birthday party or celebration because I don't care for the taste really and heartburn is a *kitten*. Not to mention the calories because I have to have it mixed. I can't drink it straight anymore :(
  • MarkusDarwath
    MarkusDarwath Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I only drink things I enjoy the taste of. I do like various malt coolers like Mike's Hard products, but if I'm also determined to get a good buzz on I gravitate toward something harder. The coolers and such are just too filling/bloating when going for a long night.