It's 8:30 at night. I'm under

Options
I'm about 500 calories under and 27 g of protein under.

Any suggestions for something to eat? I'm a vegetarian.

I have an eating disorder (anorexia) I'm working to manage too.

Replies

• Lisa_Ookoo
    Lisa_Ookoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Do you eat dairy? Cottage cheese or yogurt with fruit will help you meet your protein and calorie goals.
  • 007Aggie
    007Aggie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Beans with some sort of fat. Maybe avocado?

Nuts or nut butter.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    if you're lacto-ovo vegetarian, a three-egg omelet with an ounce or two of cheese (depends on the cheese, and how large your eggs are, how much cheese you'll need to hit 27 g protein) should get you there with room to spare from 500 calories.

if you don't do egg, but you do dairy, some combination of beans and cheese (e.g., veggie chili, a burrito bowl) should get you there, again with calories to spare.

if you follow a vegan diet (no animal products), surely you have some go-to protein sources that you keep on hand (beans, tofu, tempeh, seitan, vegan protein powders, soy milk, vegan imitation meat products). Check your labels and see what will get you there.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Log the day before. Build the day around getting enough calories and fats: edamame, pinto beans, lentils, black beans, tofu, yougurt, milk, tempeh, cheese, eggs, chia seeds, broccoli, chic peas, almonds and other nuts.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    Protein shake and some peanut butter.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • paigeg150
    paigeg150 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My secret weapon for this is plain Greek yogurt or two hard boiled eggs.