How to listen to music while lifting weights

I normally don't listen to music while I am lifting, but I thought I would give it a go. Today, I was a dumbbutt and put my iphone in my bra while I worked out sooo sweat damage ensued :[. Sooo how do you guys listen to music while you workout? I know for runners, armbands are always a good bet, but I need something I can use while powerlifting. Also, most of the clothes I wear to workout do not have pockets sooo that's pretty much out of the picture X0. Help is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    I often just sit it on the ground near me. I have an arm band, but it's annoying.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Lots of people use wireless headphones. That way you don't even have to hold the phone on you. Just have it nearby.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lots of people use wireless headphones. That way you don't even have to hold the phone on you. Just have it nearby.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

That's what I'm thinking of getting. How expensive do they run usually?
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,976 Member
    I'm old school, so I just turn on the boombox in my garage gym or clip an iPod onto my waistband or lifting belt. If I had to go wireless I'd bluetooth iHeart radio or some other Net Radio app from my Galaxy S5 to a headset.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

That's what I'm thinking of getting. How expensive do they run usually?
    Most of the guys and gals at the gym are consigned to the fact spending a lot of money on wireless headphones for gym use isn't wise. With all the sweating and moisture, the lifespan of the headphones won't be long. So a lot of them I've spoken to go to places like TJ Max's and get wireless headphones for under $20. That way if something goes wrong, it's not a great expense.
    I just got a $16 pair from TJ Max for my DD and they work fine. Even if she breaks them or loses them, it's not a great expense unlike spending $200 or more for say BEATS headphones.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    I have a smart bluray player that connects to a soundbar. It can connect to Pandora, so I usually pick an upbeat station and get to work.
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Wireless headphones are your friend. I bought a cheap pair and leave my phone in my pocket or gym bag or close to where I'm working.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    I'm neo-old school and still use my trusty iPod Shuffle. I'm proud to say it's the only Apple product I've ever owned. It's awesome. Clip it anywhere, no pockets needed.

11205844-new-apple-ipod-shuffle-2gb-silver.jpg

• jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    I have wireless beats and have had them for a couple years and had no issues. I keep them in their padded case in my gym bag when not using them. Great for lifting and running.... Just connect through blue tooth on your phone and go! Well worth the money
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I put it in my bra. I know I shouldn't but I hate those arm bands....never experience sweat damage...
  • pattyandthemoos
    pattyandthemoos Posts: 79 Member
    I don't listen to music when I workout or run. I used to listen when I lifted. I work out at home so I can just play whatever. But I find it distracts me and I focus better without the music. So now if I hear music it's in my head.
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    I put it in my bra. I know I shouldn't but I hate those arm bands....never experience sweat damage...

Lucky! I got the boob sweat, tried drying my iphone but now it's too late. The iphone is dead :( .
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member

Lucky! I got the boob sweat, tried drying my iphone but now it's too late. The iphone is dead :( .

Wow
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    I use my MP3 player, clipped into my waistband with regular headphones, I run the cord under my tank top so that it won't get caught on anything. This way I'm not killing my phone battery and not taking up space on the phone with music. And, I don't have to worry about charging the headset, I have enough things to charge, or about it being dead when I get there or dying during my workout.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member

Did you try putting in rice for 24 hours? I did that with a phone that was in the road in the rain for hours and it worked! Still working 2 years later.
  • gc384
    gc384 Posts: 33 Member
    Earphones and put the wire through your tshirt and the phone/ipod end in your pocket...?
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Wireless speakers in the garage. The whole neighborhood knows when we are lifting. I've always gone to gyms that play music, so never really need my phone to do anything other than record lifting stats.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    I use wireless headphones. I have Jaybird Sport ones that I've been using consistently for about a year and a half, and they've held up well. I carry a water bottle around the gym, so I keep my phone in an armband wrapped around the bottle. Keeps it from getting stepped on. Bonus: this setup can be used as a nice stand for self-filming form check videos. :)

I have Jaybird wireless also. The model I have, and I believe most it not all their models are guaranteed against sweat damage as long as you own them.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Not sure what wireless ear buds I'm using but when I was looking for a pair most of them ran about $20-30. The one I got were $24 with free shipping on Amazon and work well.
    I can keep my phone in my bag and move up to around 25ft away without issues.