Hey I am new

Options
hello eveyrone,
i am new to this...i had a son just a little over two years ago and i love him to death...but the weight i caused by having him well in my words gross i used to weigh one forty five and at twenty two i am alot closer to two hundred so i decided to take action anyone know of any good excercises that actually work on burning carbs

Replies

• kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Start with walking! Walk walk walk! Then start adding resistance/weights for toning.
  • LindsayAlkema
    Options
    The best thing for me has been cardio. If it makes me sweat, then I know it is working. I love doing the elliptical. Started at 30 minutes and a lower intensity, and increased it to 50 minutes at a high intensity recently. Good luck!
  • jkqe20
    jkqe20 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I totally understand, I was at 180 at 1 week post partum. My son was 2 in May and I remember being scared to death I'd stay up there in weight! The good news is, its very reversable. It just will take a commitment from you and the support of this website.
  • tgumeebee
    tgumeebee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Walking has been the ticket for me. I walk 4 minutes at 3.5mph then walk 4-4.5mph, depending on the beat of my music. I have lost 32lbs so far doing this and watching what I eat. Hope your journey is a great success!!
  • jpriebe317
    Options
    I have been at this for 2 weeks and have lost 10lbs. I have been doing 30 minutes of walking at the gym. I walk for about 5 minutes at a moderate rate (3.2mph) and then I do 1 minute of 4.3 and back down to 3.5 for 90 secs. That goes on for about 25 minutes. Then cool down for 3 minutes. Someone told me its called couch potato to 5K. Its a program you can put on your MP3 player. I really like it.
    I have 2 kids so I understand about wanting to get the weight off. Good luck and you can do it!