Face To FaceFace after over 99lbs loss

Options
Pinklacroix
Pinklacroix Posts: 27 Member
edited July 2016 in Success Stories
fb7m9dio62rr.jpg
I realized today that I share my progress but I don't think I have shared my story. I began 3 years ago as many of you know. I was 245 lbs a wife and momma to 3 little ones. Constantly sick with migraines, depression, and chronic asthma. In 2013 I was hospitalized 3 times bc of my asthma. Even the treatments there offered little relief. To put it simply I was miserable. Then one day I came across Mankofit. She is amazing for those who don't know. I was in awe of her strength. Sitting there thinking that will never be me. Then something clicked right at that moment. I asked myself why not you? From that very moment I decided to make a change. That day I took an hour walk. The longest walk of my life. But it was on that day that I walked onto the road of fitness. That is the day I took back control over my life and my health. It isn't an easy road but my God it is so worth it all. I tear up as I share this because I hope that even if it is only one person I hope that they have that moment when it just clicks and they say Why not me? Because we are all capable. We are all worth it. We can all do it, we can take back control of our lives and health. Walking turned turned to running, then from there I found weight lifting. It ignighted a passion inside I didn't know I had before. Now working out is something I do because I love it not because I have to do it. I lift 4 days a week and do cardio 2 days a week. The split is 2 days lifting 1 cardio, repeat then rest. It is what works for me. I drink lots of water and eat about 2000+ calories a day. I am 5'3 and haven't weighed myself in months but for those wanting to know my last known weight was 145.8.

Replies

• 75poundstogo
    75poundstogo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    A freakin mazing story! I saw your other post and you look great! Got that squat booty.

• IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Your eyes got bigger... now they really stand out.

Great work!
  • earancibia
    earancibia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! You look so young!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Great story! I'm always happy too see women who find and love lifting. Awesome work!
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story!! Well done!!
  • WillpowerBurton
    WillpowerBurton Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You're a real inspiration. You literally look 18!!!
  • Frmswtpot2spff
    Frmswtpot2spff Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Your story has touched me and is so relatable. I am 246 lbs. Mom of 3 kids. I'm struggling with depression and I just wanted to tell you that you have inspired me even more. Your story is awesome.
  • Pinklacroix
    Pinklacroix Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone <3
  • carmexaldewin87
    carmexaldewin87 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing. I'm doing this the right way this time, as I had gone from 310 to 195 in less than a year by eating very little :/ Now, mfp and working out has been the best solution!
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great
  • Bucknutz247
    Bucknutz247 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Inspiring
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Totally incredible!! Way to go-you look fabulous!! Bravo to you :) Thanks for sharing-very inspiring!!
  • wagnerpe123
    wagnerpe123 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well done - I agree with other posters - you look so much younger now! Congratulations!
  • zerocool44535
    zerocool44535 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome !!!
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My 13 year old son just walked by as I was looking at your photo and said, " Whoa, she's pretty."
  • teamvic
    teamvic Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You turned back time! You look younger than before! Totally inspiring. Thanks for sharing
  • Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an inspirational story. You give me hope. Thank you for sharing.
  • Luna3828
    Luna3828 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and happy. Congratulations and you definitely inspire me to stay the course. Thank you.
  • RitaRose91
    RitaRose91 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    amazing! you look a lot younger in your picture as 30 years old than your other picture...but gorgeous in both none the less :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!