Thoughts About An Ex Spouse

Options
boomboom011
boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
So what would you do in this situation?
My DH's ex wife whom he had 3 kids with 30 years ago left and all of a sudden she is trying to contact him on facebook. She did contact him about 8 years ago and was told to take a hike. However, she is back. Problem is we dont think its her. We think its someone else (DH's SIL). We want to BUST her.

Any suggestions on how to do this? Yes I know its a lot of drama but Im one of those people that cant just let it go. I need to know. If its actually the ex wife thats perfectly fine. I can handle that. But if its an actual family member then we have a problem A BIG ONE.

I anxiously await your thoughts!

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't think drama is the way to go. You're all adults; what is the point in "busting" someone? Why not just pick up the phone and ask both of them, straight up? Or better yet, do it in person. Liars have a much harder time lying well when they are caught off guard. Even if they deny everything, you can usually tell by their reaction if there's more to the story. You don't have that luxury by sleuthing around online because not only can people hide their facial and vocal reactions online, they also have plenty of time to craft their responses so that whatever they are saying seems logical and believable.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    So what would you do in this situation?
    My DH's ex wife whom he had 3 kids with 30 years ago left and all of a sudden she is trying to contact him on facebook. She did contact him about 8 years ago and was told to take a hike. However, she is back. Problem is we dont think its her. We think its someone else (DH's SIL). We want to BUST her.

Any suggestions on how to do this? Yes I know its a lot of drama but Im one of those people that cant just let it go. I need to know. If its actually the ex wife thats perfectly fine. I can handle that. But if its an actual family member then we have a problem A BIG ONE.

I anxiously await your thoughts!

Learn to be "one of those people who CAN let it go".
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Eh, I don't think you have to let it go. When someone is intentionally screwing with your relationship, you've got to stand up. Ignoring crazy people does not make them less crazy. I just don't believe in being passive agressive in how you deal with it. Say what needs to be said to the person(s) it needs to be said to.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Report them to the Facebook owners for a fraud account. See what they say.

Good Luck.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Turn off your computer.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    You know i really didnt feel like creating a fake profile. Therefore I believe I will message this person directly. We wont ever see their face. They will hide like a coward. But i will put it out there for us to meet face to face. However if its the SIL she wont show up and if its the ex-wife maybe she IS really trying to get her life right and Im ok with that. However, say your apologies and go on about your life.

Thank you for your guidance. I can always look here for honesty and BAM just tell me straight up. Sometimes I get caught up in it. AND YOU ARE SO RIGHT! I need to learn to be one of those that lets it go. Its on the list of things to do for the new me.
  • heymommy0
    heymommy0 Posts: 54
    Options
    Oh girl since I know all the past with her I say figure out who it is and let her have it that is some drama that you deserve to figure out and say what you have to say. I avoid drama you know this but this one I say go for it. =) Keep me updated love ya