My first NSV - swimwear edition :-)

Options
ibbray04
ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
A bit of my background: I had a baby 14 months ago and had a hard time losing the baby weight while breastfeeding (I'm one of those that holds on to pounds while nursing). In May I had to buy a new, BIGGER bathing suit (granny suit, as I call it), since my pre-pregnancy tankini still didn't fit...

Well, on Monday we were going to go to the pool and I tried on my tankini... AND IT FIT!!! I was so happy! The bad thing was that it started raining/storming, so we didn't go to the pool, but it still felt great and gave me such motivation.

Replies

• Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Excellent! Congrats! :)
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Those are the time when this all seems worth it. WTG!
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic news and such a motivator!!

Keep up the great work, you'll sail through

Di

:flowerforyou:
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    So great!! You should be very very proud of you!

I just bought a new suit this weekend, and actually did NOT hate it. :} And I played in the pool with my kids with no thought to how uncomfortable I was being in one. :} Dare I say it? "YAY for bathing suits???"
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I haven't gone swimming in seven years! I've never been too much of a "fish," but I bought a new suit way back seven years ago and it still has the tags on! It's a size 16. Maybe when I fit that, I'll think about getting a new suit, considering it's way out of style now!
  • mcsolis
    mcsolis Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    good for you in my opinion baby fat is the hardest to lose
  • hardenedheartx
    hardenedheartx Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Congrats!! It's such an amazing feeling. I actually had a similar experience. I tried on my bathing suit from last year and it was wayy too big! Keep up the great work!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the NSV! That is such an exciting thing to have something fit again after you have not been able to wear it. Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!