Meeting daily calorie intake

Hey,

I am trying to loose weight, just started my weight loss a week back.
I am trying to keep my calorie intake less that the goal set would there be a problem in that ??

If I consume 1 multivitamin tablet daily would that be good enough for me ?

Plz help me with some tips.

Replies

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    It entirely depends on what the goal is set to.

MFP is designed in such a way that you should eat as many calories as possible in order to lose weight, and the goal provided already includes a deficit so there's no reason to eat below it, and depending on what the goal is, it might actually be unhealthy.

MFP is designed such that you eat up to that goal, log any exercise and eat back those calories as well, since the deficit is already built in. Many people recommend eating only half of the exercise calories as it's believed that the calories given is too generous.

To answer your question adequately, we'd need to know your basic stats... age, weight, weight loss goal, and current MFP provided calorie goals.
  • crazymittul
    crazymittul Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for the feedback
    Yes my basic stats
    Age - 29
    Weight - 97 kgs
    Goal - 70 kgs
    MFP goal - 1500 calories

I am not a gym person but yes to reduce I go for a walk n do some cardiovascular workout at home so on an avg I burn around 300 to 400 calories everyday.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    As 1500 is the lowest MFP will give you, it is not recommended that you eat lower than that. Eat to your goal plus a portion of your exercise calories, and log everything as accurately as possible.
  • Nicshtik
    Nicshtik Posts: 36 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    As 1500 is the lowest MFP will give you
    Where are you getting this? 1200 is the lowest...which for those with a significant amount of weight to lose, is pretty silly
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Nicshtik wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    As 1500 is the lowest MFP will give you
    Where are you getting this? 1200 is the lowest...which for those with a significant amount of weight to lose, is pretty silly

1200 is the lowest for women. 1500 for men.