Partner shares everything...

Options
skyeonfire
skyeonfire Posts: 18 Member
So my partner and I are in this journey to health together, kind of.

I don't like to share too much because ofhow people can be...you know rude, questioning, smart remarks etc. And when we started this I asked she please not tell every body she sees that we are eating better and working out.

But she does. She tells everyone. Any body that will listen she will tell and I feel so disrespected because of it. I've been down this road before and I know that usually until someone else starts noticing a change then they simply don't believe you.

How can I get her to just shhh about it without seeming rude?

Replies

• thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Have you tried, you know, talking to her?
  • skyeonfire
    skyeonfire Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    One definitely talked to her multiple times about it to no avail. She's a sharer in general but this is getting to be a little much for me. If she talked about just her if he great but she feels the need to share everything about me and my journey.
  • shijay
    shijay Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My husband not changing his diet, but I have. Like u, I prefer not to announce to everyone. Mainly because, I have tried & failed so many times. When we are out with people, if we go to eat, he mentions it. He means well, (he wants to be sure we eat somewhere I have plenty of choices). Not that he remembers all the time! Lol. When we are alone- I have told him I appreciate him being supportive & trying to help, but for me- I prefer he not mention it to others. It makes me more self conscious & makes me feel bad about myself. Maybe if u share that & explain if it helps motivate her to tell others, by all means do so, but to please not include u. Good luck!