How to listen to music while lifting weights

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    I just listen to what ever music is playing at the gym. Less problem and cheaper. Although most of the time I am so concentrated in what I am doing that I don't even put attention in the music.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lots of people use wireless headphones. That way you don't even have to hold the phone on you. Just have it nearby.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This is what I do. Bluetooth headphones, on a shelf nearby.
  • kkarcher94511
    kkarcher94511 Posts: 196 Member
    Bluetooth headphones are great but kinda pricey, I usually will use my SPIBelt, a belt for you phone/keys/ etc that's super tiny and I think kinda cute to put my phone in :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Lots of people use wireless headphones. That way you don't even have to hold the phone on you. Just have it nearby.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

The question still remains... where to put the phone? I don't know.... i kind of feel like women get gypped because workout clothing very rarely has pockets. Unless you carry your gym bag around with you all workout.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    rainbowbow wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

The question still remains... where to put the phone? I don't know.... i kind of feel like women get gypped because workout clothing very rarely has pockets. Unless you carry your gym bag around with you all workout.

My workout clothes have plenty of pockets. I find it hard to carry a phone in my pocket when doing weights, however. So mine sits on a shelf or ledge nearby.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Most wireless headphones have a range of 50-100ft. You can just put the phone down in an out of the way area within its range where you can still see it so it doesn't walk off. For example, when doing squats, put it on the floor next to the rack in a place where nothing is going to fall on it.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    I use bluetooth ear buds and just keep my phone nearby when I'm doing arms, but put it in an armband when I'm doing other lifting or legs. I bought mine at Target (Jam Tran) for about $35 and paid $5 for the insurance pkg so they'll replace them for free. I've had them about 6 months and they're perfect.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I use a cheap mp3 player, Zen stone, that clips to waistband or wherever, and use marshmallow earbuds.
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    gc384 wrote: »
    Earphones and put the wire through your tshirt and the phone/ipod end in your pocket...?

I said most of my gym gear doesn't have pockets :[. And I feel like that would be tricky deadlift day anyway. Thinking about the jaybird. I will look around though! Anything but beats because those are not in my price range.
  • dreaming13000
    dreaming13000 Posts: 68 Member
    I have blue tooth ear buds! What a great investment only $30 on amazon for a nice set. Then you can set phone down within distance and go at it!
  • Savannahmiamaddie
    Savannahmiamaddie Posts: 54 Member
    I put my I-Phone in a Fit Belt. I really like mine.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    I put my I-Phone in a Fit Belt. I really like mine.

Fit belts are great. I can even squat decently with one on, turned around.
  • Bmoremama
    Bmoremama Posts: 84 Member
    I use a flipbelt for the phone and wireless headphones for my ears.
  • Bmoremama
    Here's a good set for $28

AYL Bluetooth Headphones V4.1 Wireless Sport Stereo In-Ear Noise Cancelling Sweatproof Headset with APT-X/Mic for iPhone 7 Samsung Galaxy S7 and Android Phones https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014EGE9G6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_gYNNxbR3WRSYQ
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    I use plantronics backbeats fit because they are moisture resistant and have a soft strap that runs behind my head instead of a hard plastic ring like my previous pair of motorolas have. Yesterday the last 3 miles of my run was in a steady rain and they functioned perfectly and worked this morning when I put them on. They also come with an armband phone/mp3 pouch.

Kippo makes a special short with a mobile phone pocket on the hip say its to keep it out of the way for weights but at $60 way to expensive for my needs.

I have a pair of sweats with zipper closing side pockets that keep my phone safe and out of the way while weight training.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Now I kind of want these blue tooth head phones but I really love wearing my big white headphones. They feel like a hat.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    I'm neo-old school and still use my trusty iPod Shuffle. I'm proud to say it's the only Apple product I've ever owned. It's awesome. Clip it anywhere, no pockets needed.

11205844-new-apple-ipod-shuffle-2gb-silver.jpg

Ditto for me! I love my shuffle. Clip it to my arm and I'm good to go. I had a woman come up to me and ask what it was once because she'd never seen one.
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    bluetooth wireless headphones.. Jaybird, Plantronics BackBeat Fit..and also meelectronics have some nice ones.
  • Bmoremama
    For the flipbelt fans--does anyone have problems with it riding up? I've got a reasonable jump from waist to hips (about 27 to 39), and often have problems with shifting one way or another. But I can't stand tight things around my waist, which is what's holding me back. I'd want to wear it at my hips and have it stay there. Thoughts? Experiences?

Edit: also interested in spibelts for the same reason.

It doesn't ride up at all but sometimes I just don't want it on my waist or hips so I take it off.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    I am using a dinosaur MP3 San-disk MP3 player. I use it running to. Its the size of a mini candy bar and I use a pair of 30 dollar Yurbuds.