A little help please

Options
Diana061
Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
I love guacomole.. I read that avocados are so good for you... please any pointers on how to slice them serve them besdies guac ? I bought one yesterday and want to savor it today...

Replies

• themurph8910
    themurph8910 Posts: 124
    Options
    I like to put slices of fresh avocado on my sandwhiches or my turkey burgers. or sometime I will just put it on a salad.
  • JEWEL776
    JEWEL776 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just cut them in half and use a spoon to remove. I use it instead of mayo, or with eggs and salsa. They are yummy!! :)
  • Diana061
    Options
    If I'm not going to eat the whole thing at once what do i have to do to store the rest ?
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Plain is delicious - or even with a bit of salt and pepper. I also smash them with tuna, salsa, and roasted peppers for a really tasty tuna salad.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    If I'm not going to eat the whole thing at once what do i have to do to store the rest ?
    Leave the pit in the half you're storing. Try to use cling film to cover as much flesh as you can (the avocados, not yours :laugh:) and refrigerate. It may still start to discolor, but it'll still be good to eat for a day or 2.
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Avocado and prawns go great together.
  • inchik
    inchik Posts: 35 Member
    Options

I usually leave the half with the pit and wrap it in saran wrap, keeps for 2-3 days.
  • Diana061
    Options
    Leave the pit in the half you're storing. Try to use cling film to cover as much flesh as you can (the avocados, not yours :laugh:) and refrigerate. It may still start to discolor, but it'll still be good to eat for a day or 2.

Thanks I cant wait.. I think i have tuna in the cupboard !!!!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I spread avocado on my toast or bagel egg sandwich. Mix them with cottage cheese. Put in turkey sandwiches/wraps. In salads. On tacos. I store mine with the pit still in and wrap with plastic wrap, trying to get the wrap to cling as closely as it can. You can try putting lime juice on it too.
  • Jorey123
    Jorey123 Posts: 2
    Options
    Leave the pit in and put a little lemon juice over the flesh. Cover tightly with siran wrap. That helps prevent it from turning black and ugly