Does weighted hula hooping help you lose weight?

Options
Hi guys! I'm 5ft 3 and 150lbs and would like to get down to 135lbs quite soon
I'm sticking to 1300 calories a day and I know I should be exercising. Unfortunately due to anxiety I struggle to go outside on my own so I have to do things at home. Ive started to use a weighted hoop. Has anybody found this helps burn the calories or tone the tum?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Any activity / exercise will increase your calorie burn over being sedentary

If you like your hula go for it (stick Shakira on loud :) )

Weigh and log food accurately, your weight loss will come from food intake ..your hula hooping will help your heart and anxiety and give you a better margin for error
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Also if you get bored of hula (though why would you)

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos For loads of free at home resource

And bodyweight like https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/
  • JButlerEagle
    JButlerEagle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like my hula hoop. And find it can be calorie burning.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I like my hula hoop, too, especially the way my abs feel when I'm finished. A calorie deficit is for weight loss, but hula hooping will help in that sense because it's great for burning calories!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Copied off the net:
    The American Council on Exercise (ACE) funded a study completed at the University of Wisconsin, and found that a 30 minute weighted hula hoop workout which consisted of hooping moves and twirling motions around the arms, waist, and legs burned roughly 7 calories per minute.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    It does not "tone the tum". It burns more calories than sitting and less than many other things.