Diet pills?

Options
Do you take any diet pills or anything to help with weight loss?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Nothing you can "take" will "help" with weight loss.
    Weight loss comes from a sustained calorie deficit only.
    Sustaining a calorie deficit consciously, takes knowledge, patience and planning.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    All you'll lose by taking them is money
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    In the far ago past, I took diet pills in a desperate effort to lose weight. Not effective, harmful, ultimately a total failure. They are only a money-maker for the company offering them. No one ever lost money marketing something "guaranteed" to help us lose weight. Losing weight requires patience and attention to detail. The saddest posts I read on these forums are the ones from people trying to lose 40 pounds in time for their high-school reunion (or someone's wedding, etc.) -- and the event is three months away. The problem with a goal like that is that one is guaranteed to fail, thus setting back actual progress when one gives up. There are many variables for successful weight loss, and different approaches work for different people. For me, if I weigh and log food, along with consistent exercise, plus avoiding sugary snacks, I can be entirely successful in losing or maintaining my weight. In a two-year rebellion against logging food daily, I have seen 8 lbs come back, right in my stomach where I can easily see it every day. Despite having some of the good habits down, I know I am over-feeding myself and have earned these extra pounds back. Good luck to all of us on our journey!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It's not what you put in your mouth (pill) that will make you lose weight, it's what you don't put in your mouth (food) that will :wink:

But seriously, i tried many otc "diet pills" in the past, and the only thing i lost was $$$
  • jsantos1201
    jsantos1201 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's anything out there that works long term. You may gain it all back. It's a life style change . A trainer told me that I need to kept working out, the wieght wasn't gained over night and I won't loose it over night just need to keep working at it :)
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    When a diet pill is invented that actually works, it will be the headline of every newspaper and television show. You will not need to seek it out...until then, eat at a deficit.